Y&R July 2017 Discussion

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It was too significant an event to ignore. They should hold it for a few months - the fallout will be awesome - Vicki, Billy, Juliet, Hilary, Jordan and, esp Lily, who was on the verge of a big break with Barry the agent, but couldn't use the Hilary interview. 

It's funny Nick is an Alpha when it comes to 'protecting' Nikki, but is an entitled lazy slacker with business. Ridiculous telling Noah 'too much work' to expand. Seriously? Sharon will not be amused - and she better speak up. Sharon's deliberate repair has actually been one of the top achievements for SSM. Unlike the RAsh folly, Scott actually works perfectly to transition Sharon from OTT unhealthy relationships. We know it won't last but it's been so refreshing to have the 'grounded' Sharon who was surrounded by Newman madness. 

• Members

The show seemed to find it's footing since LA but this week has not been good.  At all.

This recital bullshit story just makes no sense to me.  The stakes aren't high enough for the characters to do what they are doing.  Is Victor blind?!? He can't see Nikki is in pain?!?  Please.  MTS is doing a good job with it, but the premise is weak.  

Kevin/Chloe ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

This week, I'm here for Mishael and (I never thought I'd say this) Cane's story.  

• Members

+1

I guess I don't see the point of this  randomKevin and Chloe story...to give GR an emotional goodbye, maybe? But it's obvious the show isn't invested. They could have just disappeared and I would have been fine with it. 

Despite the Cane drama resonating with me, it's become boring. Maybe they've milked this phase as long as they can and it's time to turn the page to the next arc. I don't know. But I'm not as interested as I once was. That's not to say it's bad, cause it's not. Just that it's feeling a little repetitive. 

• Members

This week has still been good for me. I really wish they had left Chloe dead. EH did a great job in that final arc, and now it's all being ruined. I have to admit Rikaart has been good here, minus Kevin shady past, I'm sad to see the character go (because he had loads of potential).

JT looked so flabby on today's episode.

I know a lot of people give Khalil flak, but she is playing this story very well, and I actually love the writing for Lily right now. She is acknowledging her mistake, but having Cane take responsibility for his. Goddard too has also done very well.

Hillary/MM continues to be fantastic, and now of course Braeden/Victor wants to be in her orbit

Please register in order to view this content

I actually enjoyed the scenes filming before the "big event" in the Newman living room. That was really good, reminded me of the awkward Abbott family dinner with Dina.

Also, I'm LOVING how different characters are popping up throughout the show. That was always a Y&R speciality. 

I know people dislike Nick, but I enjoy his relationship with Victor. They play it very well. A lot of deep rooted animosity, and I'm glad that they don't just gloss it over, no matter how insufferable it can make Nick at times. That's a true family dynamic.

I don't mind Jill liking Cane. I'm over it. They've built a "bond" so it doesn't bother me as much anymore.

Here is my confusion - do viewers want stories that continue long-term OR short-term? The Cane story has actually been moving quite quickly, and I find there were more beats that could have been explored, but I'm still enjoying it. 

• Members

This piano recital plot point is dreadful, boring, juvenile and dumb. CK and DG have been terrible with the Lane stuff. Rest of the show is a dull snooze not even worth discussing. 

What is worth discussing is this shady tweet that CLB just retweeted on his timeline (actors certainly have not been hiding their displeasure with the show lately):

Please register in order to view this content

Archived