Would u take back JFP as EP of GH?

JFP production values were way better than Frank's. But the lighting was so dark you couldn't see the sets or actors. It would be a blast to see Jill kick all of Frank's pets to the curve. But Jill brings her own sets of problems with her. Don't want her back, She''ll ruin GH even more. Is that even possible at this point?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jonnysboro, why JFP gets you hard is something I'll never understand.

Celeb Dirty Laundry? So much made up [!@#$%^&*] it's in the Liars Hall of Fame with Orange Fat Ass Blob Donald Trump.

Add me to the list of those who hate the GH opening. I despise it. Worst soap open EVER.

• Members

I don't mean to derail the subject of this thread, that is a possible JFP return, but in regards to soap openings, for roughly the first 11 years of GH's run, it was a very quick theme played by George Wright tickling the ivories, and a dark screen with "General Hospital" in big lettering.  I think the latest opening, while not my favorite, either, has a sort of dark, foreboding feel to it.  I am posting a clip with the old opening I have described.

I doubt Guza would return, but then, I suppose money talks.  I know some people consider Guza a hack, like they do Passanante, but, I think if he had a strong producer to keep him in line, he could be good.  However, I don't think he and Valentini would be a good combo.  I am not sure, but I think he was the longest headwriter to last under a Phelps regime, was he not?

• Members

I was not aware that Guza was also a producer for GH.  So, the setup was like Pratt's with Y&R?

I remember that McTavish followed Phelps from OLTL just like Carlivati followed Valentini from OLTL.  As I recall, the McTavish-Phelps GH was NOT good.

• Members

It was exactly that.  When he came back from Sunset Beach, he got a credit as Consultant on Port Charles as well as HW on GH.   When he and Pratt were hired together in 2002 for GH they got a producing credit that Guza hung on to once Pratt was gone.

• Members

I know that A Martinez and Jill Farren Phelps have been good friends over the years.  JFP was EP of Santa Barbara when the Eden Capwell character was brutally raped.  Mr. Martinez enjoyed that storyline, but Jamey Giddens of Daytime Confidential did not.  Mr. Giddens was definitely ticked off when Frankie Frame was brutally murdered on Another World.  Yes, JFP was EP of that soap at the time.

Archived