Actor returns to GH

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

David Tom should have stayed on as Billy. They should have split him from haggard old AH and mixed him back in the Chloe set where Billy should have been in the first place. Then we wouldn't have had Grandpa Billy in the first place.

As for Miller, by the time he was done at Y&R he looked a bored and bloated mess---like he looks on GH now.

He took too much time off to try and get into primetime and he didn't last on any show.

Instead of bringing Jason back, AJ should have had the chance to be GH's lead Quartermaine, but Valentini was too concerned about guys walking around in their tight ass black underwear (see Julian ). to let Kanan stay in any capacity, and quickly had him in jail off screen, deferring to the hammy Miller Of course in under a year, he was walking up those Q steps back to heaven.. Now GH has Franko filling AJ's place on the show, and we have bored Miller phoning it in on GH instead of Y&R.

Neither Jason needs to be on screen. Their only reason to keep him is to give bored Kelly Monaco something to do.

• Members

I was talking about one of her interviews after David Tom was hired where she basically just seemed to want to make it all about Miller. I thought it was unprofessional, the tone of it. I was never a huge David Tom fan myself but I thought he deserved more respect than that. 

I don't blame her for his failure, but I do think if they are on the third unpopular actor in a pairing with her then something has to be laid at her feet. 

• Members

Well, BM's departure was fresh and new for her but I agree that it was unprofessional. 

Honestly, I do think that each failure was due to terrible casting. BuJ? Bad. DT? I know he's liked but bad.  JT is/was the only one with real promise. Is there any wonder that he seems to have faired better than the others. 

• Members

Really? Cause I thought DT was misfit from about day 5...it took me a couple days to get over the nostalgia and see him for what he was now. He looked a mess.

I think it goes without saying it's GH. He was just fired by Y&R for a good reason.  What would be the point in him going back there? 

• Members

DT still had chemistry with the Abbotts and Jill, not to mention MCE. The only person he had zero chemistry was -shockingly- AH. We all know certain posters always know what the "audience" wants, but other viewers opinions also count. Plenty of people preferred Tom, but AH publicly expressed HER preference to Billy Miller, so we got Grandpa Billy.  BJ would have been fine in a different role, but he just wasn't Billy.

• Members

Was there a question about which Victoria do you prefer??

I can't believe Sony and the audience are so invested in Heinle -- this survey is testament to them basing the show largely around her. What a mistake that has been -- she sucks all the energy out of the room.

Sounds like Y&R is ready to turf out JT which is a shame. I'm not a fan of the character, but he's the better actor in the role thus far. Far above Burgess and Miller imo (which is not saying much -- both were painful).

DT flopped this last go around. Part of it was the anti-chemistry with AH, sure, but part of it was DT seemed lost. His delivery was limp (combined with AH it was like listening to dolphins mumble underwater). He couldn't get a grip on the character. And that's because he as a person has changed, and the character has changed into something completely different, mainly to fit Miller's limited range and Fozzie Bear mannerisms. 

Related image

Honestly, I'd rather have --deep breath-- Michelle Stafford back as Phyllis than Billy Miller back as his namesake. And I used to RAG on MS back in the day.

• Members

He was fired? Why? I thought he chose to leave.

I can't believe they are so invested in Miller that they would dump JT to bring him back. I'm going to have to see it to believe it. I think JT isn't doing just fine in the role. Why take someone who isn't committed?  Anyway, I like Miller well enough, I just don't see why Y&R would recast with him at this point.

• Members

Nope!  AH all but said she was not very cooperative with DT in the role.  The producers had several talks with her until they "had no choice" but to fire DT.  AH is on record saying she wanted Miller back (bitch).  CBS did a whole campaign about the Tom siblings together on CBS only to can David a few months later.  

I agree, however, that he could not play adult Billy well.  He was very lost.  A recast should have happened and I kinda liked Grandpa Billy Burgess.  

ETA:  you meant Burton was fired?  Yeah, I believe he was.

• Members

It was probably a firing in all but name. Burton was so deeply tied to JFP and her time on the show that when she was fired, it seemed just a matter of time before he would be 'let go.' Plus he had a pretty nice contract where Y&R worked around his schedule and flew him in a couple times a month from Nashville. Letting him go was a cost-saving move, and SB knew that without JFP, he wouldn't be guaranteed SL and other perks. He and the show probably came to a mutually amicable separation so it might have been a goodwill gesture to allow SB to announce his departure himself. (Kind of a pity as I thought SB was solid as Dylan, it was a non-toxic, basically decent character, and he had good energy/chemistry with DD, MTS, JM and SC. Plus he wasn't on all the time).

Y&R bent over backwards for Miller. Like they did with Burton, and with Justin Hartley (who I loved as Adam ftr). Outs for auditioning and working around their schedules. Miller was so ready to go try his luck in Primetime. JFP adores this kind of character/actor (mainly because she too wishes she were working in PT) so she gave him an Emmy-bait SL as his goodbye present. Y&R adores his ass, considers him THE signature actor for Billy (they are probably right about that) and will keep pandering to him. I'm only surprised he didn't leave GH earlier to head back to Y&R.

• Members

Cat, wasn't JFP the one who put an end to Miller coming and going as he pleased and Stafford's dominance of YR?  Staff/Phyllis was everywhere and it was clear her presence didn't belong half the places she was.  Miller was missing form key stories while out auditioning (Delia's illness, Victoria's kidnapping) and JFP tightened his contract.  He didn't like it so he opted out.  Couldn't find work in PT so GH viewers lost the bet.  

• Members

I did, but given the way I constructed the post I can see why that wasn't clear. Damn, I never thought Burton would be fired. I won't gloat, but I was so sick of the way he was treated as a god at GH. I can only hope that doesn't happen again.

Thanks for answering @Cat that makes sense.

Archived