Casting Couch: GH: Liz's Mom

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hayden's mother is Naomi. Diane and Elizabeth have shared scenes. In court, at the police station, Elizabeth made it very clear that her mother is a doctor, as did Sarah. She and Jeff have reportedly been missionary doctors for many years. Diane has been in town for close to ten years. 

Should they cast Elizabeth's mother (and I haven't heard she's being cast, but I could be wrong), it will likely be a new face to the show.

Last I heard of Ann Logan, there was a throwaway line from Bobbi about Noah Drake hooking up with "virgin" Ann Logan in Arizona...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

This role will never happen, so I'll shoot for the moon as I always have: Melody Thomas Scott.

Haha! Yes, I know. She'd be insane to ever leave Y&R and never will. But if I could have anyone that's who. Liz's mother would be a scheming surgeon/philanthropist running roughshod over her daughters' lives.

Failing MTS, the obvious choice is of course, Colleen Zenk.

• Members

Diane somehow being Liz's mom is the dumbest thing I've ever heard and makes absolutely no goddamn sense. Plus, I don't need even more Diane. Current Diane levels are more than adequate.

• Members

What is too bad is, most current viewers of GH have no idea who Lucille was or how good she was on the show.  Not much footage is available of her for public viewing, sadly.  Gloria Monty arrived after the bloodbath of 1975, where Lucille and a few other long-running characters were written out, and most current viewers look at Monty's reign as the beginning of GH, though the show was already on the air for almost 15 years prior to her arrival.

Archived