GH: Passanante OUT!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The funny thing is YR won best show year that Jean and Shelly helmed the show. I think JFP wasnt very supportive towards them. There YR was basically inoffensive, vets were featured and there were stories happening..By the end they found their footing but were replaced with Pratt. I thought Jean/Shelly were much better then Sally. I dont think they had the support like they did at GH. Jean stated Vicki, Frabk and Nathan were so supportive. GH won best show this year for Jean/Shelly writing. In fact of all 4 soaps GH is the best.  It has stories like Chimera, Anna/Alex and lots of intrigue.

• Members

Yup.  I believe that story hit around 18 months into her tenure and was the real jump the shark story.  I didn't even mind Paul/Meg at first, with her nursing him back to health in secret.  But that whole Emily/Dusty S&M kidnapping signified the beginning of the end.  It ruined Emily's character for quite some time.  In fact, I didn't enjoy Emily again until the final year of the show, when they put her back with Paul.  Same with Meg- halfway into PEG, i couldn't take her anymore until we got NutMeg in the show's final year.  Say what you will about David Kreitzman (what happened to that guy?) but his influence did a world of good in that final year.  I even enjoyed Tom Pelphrey's character and story- the Steinbeck Weirdness!

• Members

I wish Ms. Passanante well in her retirement.  Under her pen, I liked the Olivia Jerome return and I think she saved the character of Anna by reversing Carlos's murder by Anna to avenge Duke's death.  I did not care for the Hospital Serial Killer storyline or the whole Nelle thing, but Ms. Passanante has acknowledged and conceded that no writer will satisfy everyone, which is true.  Since GH has time to either promote from within or hire a good writer from the outside, my hope is that they do not make some sort of hasty, ridiculous move and put a reckless hack in Ms. Passanante's place.  I never thought Ms. Passanante was a hack.  On GH, I feel she never got the help she needed with mystery/adventure stories, which GH viewers expect, but as a traditional soap writer, was not her strong suit..

Archived