Sign in to follow this  
Toups

LATEST RATINGS: All Soaps Up in Total Viewers

2 minutes ago, JellicleCat said:

And they're not going to get any better. The best anyone can hope for is to slow down the decline. The ratings will continue to drop, inch by inch, until the shows are cancelled. It's not a question of if, it's a question of when

It doesn't bother me. The soaps left don't deserve increases. They have been putting out pure junk where stories are concerned.

Now if you go up by 14,000 viewers 18-49 Women and hit 349,000 - it's a trophy.  Everyone gets a trophy.  You're just so sunk now. LOL. 

18 minutes ago, slick jones said:

I am the last person to defend the guy that brought on Sobby, Carrrrrrrllloooooossssssssss, Todd,Franko, Starr, Kiki,Ninugh, Woodcock, Droolian and all of Easton's characters.   After all of this, we are still stuck with these crap characters.

What I did like at the beginning was that he backburnered overused characters like Sonny. After years of Guza and JFP killing off and getting rid of vets, Ron was actually using them again(not enough, but just seeing Lucy, Kevin, Scott, Bobbi, Laura, Felicia, Monica, etc... I appreciated the returns). 

Trust, I expect  a lot of B.S. and OTT storytelling in his DOOL. I'll be expecting to hear KL and Golden Girls in Paul/Sonny's future. 

I've been painfully trudging through Higley's May. Sweeps month. I'm on the 22nd. DH's stories are ...:(

He didn't backburn Sonny right away. he put him second to Todd but the Corinthos clan was still eating airtime. Don't you remember Sonny was still every story with multiple enemies. Todd, Starr, McBain, Joe Jr,Connie,etc. 

Edited by frequentsoapfan

11 minutes ago, dragonflies said:

I'm just curious what character on Days will be Ron's AJ aka who will get the fat jokes written in

Freddie-Smith.jpg I

I am sure this is why he lost the weight. Ron probably came in and gave a stare....JMO of course....LOL

4 minutes ago, frequentsoapfan said:

He didn't backburn Sonny right away. he put him second to Todd but the Corinthos clan was still eating airtime. Don't you remember Sonny was still every story with multiple enemies. Todd, Starr, McBain, Joe Jr,Connie,etc. 

I'm the last person to defend any of RC's stories. I FFd through so much of the stories he had. Connie was a joke from he get-go. I barely watched the majority of the Llanview invasion, but yes I remember that. I hated most of his time on GH. Anything will be a step up from Higley. 

\

The biggest problem in daytime is that these EP's and PTB keep re-hiring the same writers over and over again. New blood is what they need. Unfortunately, that never happens.

2 hours ago, slick jones said:

I'm the last person to defend any of RC's stories. I FFd through so much of the stories he had. Connie was a joke from he get-go. I barely watched the majority of the Llanview invasion, but yes I remember that. I hated most of his time on GH. Anything will be a step up from Higley. 

\

The biggest problem in daytime is that these EP's and PTB keep re-hiring the same writers over and over again. New blood is what they need. Unfortunately, that never happens.

The whole month of February was about Starr losing Cole and Hope. Robin's presumed dead was secondary. He made up a sister for McBain. I did like the Blair/ Carly scenes though when they were drinking

The only soap to hire new blood was Y&R with Mal Young. I'm still waiting to see him introduce a new family like they always do on UK soaps

Edited by cassadine1991

On 6/4/2017 at 8:27 PM, frequentsoapfan said:

Sonny was very much backburned for a while.

Sign in to follow this