DAYS: June 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

Billy Flynn

Please register in order to view this content

I still can't stomach Chad and Gabi. The entire way Dena went around to get them together just makes me roll my eyes. They didn't need to be forced, the writing didn't need to be contrived. Everyone involved just looks terrible to me. Gabi all smug. I liked Andre putting her on notice but eh ... I admit I didn't really give those scenes much time. I like Kate with Chad but Kate has become window dressing and it's so disappointing. I forget Andre's on the show half the time he gets such little airtime.

Deimos can't go soon enough for me. Lawd. Such an awful villain on this show.

Sonny looks so bad with that haircut. He and Paul had some nice scenes though. I also liked the Paul and John scenes (I also like anytime Marlena/Eric share scenes). I know some stans on other boards hate Paul as John's son but I like it. It was also nice to see Brady share a scene with John and Marlena for a change but they need more because Brady treats them like strangers IMO.

Of course Nicole has her baby taken. Again. Lawd. I'm so over it. Just give her the damn baby and move on. I'm tired of her weeping and crying. I rolled my eyes as she tried to convince herself that she was strong, etc. I'm thinking to myself, bitch, you used to be cutthroat and very strong. She's SUCH a different character now. I'm curious where the Eric/Nicole forced interaction will go. How soon before they are lusting after each other again?

I have enjoyed the different interactions on Thursday and Friday. The show does well when they focus on family interaction and the right beats get played.

I'm really annoyed Adrienne hasn't had a scene with Sonny since his return. She did nothing but weep about him for several episodes and now she's nowhere to be found, and Justin was on to yell at him. I don't get it. I always enjoy Victor and Sonny's interactions.

Marlena and Claire was good. I've liked that Claire has finally shared scenes with Marlena and Hope recently.

Eli, Valerie and Julie was good. I liked that probably the most. I like that Julie and Doug bought the Martin house back for him. Julie still gets too little airtime for my tastes but at least she's on a few times a month, so I'll take it. I hope Ron continues to use her. I guess we can see Lani and Eli coming soon ... funny the scenes on the island between JJ and Lani where she wasn't worried about him hurting her ... methinks she will hurt him. I would have liked to see JJ/Gabi be given a real shot, not paired together and then have their entire relationship be off-screen like Griffith did but after the way she treated him I'd rather not go down that road again. Not sure what the plan for JJ is if Lani and Eli get together.

It's nice to have some things to say about the show again. Thursday and Friday weren't too bad for a change.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He wasn't but he's still good looking with or without a shirt

Probably but Paul didn't really "break them up" per say. Will and Sonny were given contrived situations that pushed them apart and Will screwed Paul without knowing who he was, and vice versa. But I'm sure the stans resent Paul for that reason. Some resent Paul because he gets scenes with John and Brady doesn't, it's bizarre to hate someone for that reason.

• Members

I concur about Anna Stuart - I will always love watching her in absolutely anything. She is a natural talent. She would have been a wonderful Anjelica recast. 

God bless Morgan, but this is not her part.  

DAYS has such messy history about Dr. Kate Winograd and Kate Roberts. The show has said they're one in the same. But that would be a great scene. 

I disagree about Koslow's chemistry with Austin Peck. They were wonderful together. When it comes to Lisa Rinna, she simply looked too old compared to Koslow, who looks a good decade younger than she actually is. Koslow also has superior chemistry with Bryan Dattillo - and she got to play all the great scenes with Alison Sweeney - so for me it's Koslow who is the real Kate Roberts. She's been in the role 21 years, the character is hers, Deb Adair was with the show three years, and she certainly made an impression to have devoted fans all these years later, but the writing changed drastically between her run and Koslow's run and I have no doubt Adair's Kate would have been written off 16 years ago, she couldn't have soldiered through the villainess years like Koslow has so admirably. 

• Members

Sonny basically said that he never thought he would love again like he did with Will & was pushing Paul away cause he felt like he was cheating on Will

Marlena told Sonny Will would want Sonny happy

• Members

I liked Deb's Kate, but if she had stayed I really doubt they would've gone down the villainess route with her. I just don't see it - Adair couldn't pull off being a villainess on Dynasty in the fourth season, so she couldn't have pulled off Koslow's Kate. On the other hand, I don't think Koslow could've pulled off Adair's Kate. Ying and yang and all that.

Archived