Y&R: June 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

My biggest problem with Chelsea is that she serves no purpose. I hate the way they write her as some sort of saint when we know the secret she's keeping with Victor, not to mention the teased past with Jordan. She also lacks chemistry with most of the cast. I just worry everything is going so well and they're going to derail everything with an Adam return to eat up the show. He is *so* unneeded.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Firstly,  I was saying that if during the golden period for this show there was a platform as accessible like we have today, meaning message boards we all can get onto at the blink of an eye, people will be nit picking the show.

Further, deciding to counter my statement of the internet not being around in 1987 vs my statement regarding idiot nit-picky fans always being around completely, without any doubt, proved my point.

For the record, I know good and well the internet, then called the intranet, not the 'world wide web' as it wasn't world wide---as you said in your post, which created a contradiction---was around.  Further, intranet was basically the same thing as closed-circuit TV--it was within a campuses/compounds. 

• Members

I feel the exact opposite lol. Chelsea finding out Chloe "killed" Adam has actually been really great material when they weren't using it to shoehorn this horrible pairing with Nick and having him play Matlock Jr or pretend to have ever cared about his brother just so he could be the hero. I'd like to see them end this fail couple, throw him in the middle of Scott and Sharon and have Chelsea shake it up with the Brash and Sassy crew. She has good untapped chemistry with Jordan, JT's Billy, and Cane and those pairings would come with less contrived baggage.

• Members

When Chelsea plays grifter smart determined Chelsea, it works. Her scenes these past few episodes were quite good.  And then switch to remorse/guilt over Chloe worked as well. MCE hasn't been given anything worthy since the scenes when she found out Gabe was Adam. I hope these scenes coupled with Jordan reminding her of her previous life bring out more. Timid, mourning Chelsea is boring and no actor can enjoy that for an extended period. 

• Members

She's doing better because Victoria is being written more how she should be. I personally can't say I enjoy her or will ever enjoy her or accept her in the role, even after all these years. JMO. But I'm glad you find her more enjoyable.

Archived