Y&R: June 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I see your point. I just tend to think Nikki and Ashley have never had a problem with Victor and Jack's business ruthlessness per se, they just can't wrap their minds around their occasional, barely legal outbursts. In the meantime, Hilary is supposed to host a charity tabloid show of sorts, pleasing everyone.

I totally agree that characters need some friends to bounce off too again! I loved this aspect back then. I think they are trying to bring it back, starting with Chelsea and Jordan. The problem with Hilary is also that she has to put up with an albatross like sanctimonious Devon, who seems to be exclusively interested in redeeming her.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

The other problem where Hilary is concerned is Y&R's extremely laziness in developing other characters so they utilize Hilary to facilitate the plot.

There is no reason she should be a central character in Juliet's story but because Juliet remains a generically written stock character with weak relationships and even weaker motivations (how effective would the pregnancy reveal have been if Y&R had expended half the energy they used to shove Hilary into the story into building a genuine relationship between Juliet, Lily, Charlie & Mattie) so Y&R uses Hilary to keep things interesting.

It wouldn't be so bad if they only did it with this one story (since the majority of the characters involved are ones she has serious history with) but they've done it with almost every story over the past couple of years.

I'm actually waiting until they shove her into one of the few stories she has little to no presence in thus far (Scotty & Abby at Newman) since endless amounts of meet-cute scenes and underwritten potential villains have failed maintain viewer interest.

• Members

Hilary's first order of business after this story is complete will be making that music story of Devon's interesting since centering it around heroine Mariah hasn't produced much interest. So Hilary will be thrust into it as antagonist for Mariah AND Tessa.  Tessa is tied to Abby's story since she knows that Zach guy. So @deedee, Hilary being in that Abby and Scott story at Newman isn't far fetched. Wait for it...and didn't Newman buy a media company? I find it hard to believe that won't have repercussions for Hilary. 

@cassadine1991, while Mariah at Newman working with Summer and Abby is a great place for Mariah, during those stories she was never much of anything but part of the peanut gallery.  I think the entire purpose of her as Hilary's rival and Devon's love interest was to give her a more prominent role in story. lead vs supporting. 

• Members

Monday July 3, 2017

Kevin complained to Chloe that being locked inside was no way to spend summer. They searched the house and found an unlocked window, which they cracked open. Unfortunately, the fog that turns people inside out was lurking outside and seeped into the room. Kevin and Chloe were unable to escape and succumbed to their injuries.

Archived