Y&R: June 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

LOL I didn't have to count them, they were so few I could remember sans "obsession" LMAO, btw, u r de one who brought up episodes they shared, don't hate cause de facts ain't workin for ya!

R we pn a break now.......   

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Then she could have stay with Daniel. Cane is worse then Daniel. He came in as a lie & Lily decided to stick with that.

If Devon wasn't written like Neil but more like Malcolm. Hilary & Devon relationship could be so much better.

• Members

+1

Especially since Neil didn't even want her. He married her for Moses and proceeded to ignore her. He truly used that woman. Destroyed her life for a vendetta and suffered no consequences.  Was rewarded with a child. I think that was the beginning of the end of my love for the Neil  character. 

• Members

I get that Mariah is dating Devon and Tessa needs friends her age but Y&R having her contribute her input every time Devon makes a decision has gotten REALLY old. It wouldn't be so bad if Devon had more than one client (onscreen) but Mariah is as out of place with him as she is/was with Hilary at Restless Style.

The relative dearth of realistic options for Mariah (as a character) just goes to show how Y&R has failed its younger generation(s). It's the same lazy writing that has Scotty jumping from career to career, Abby being useless at Newman, Lily looking like an idiot at Brash N Sassy, Noah wasting time tending bar and Chelsea being absolutely useless without Nicholas.

The writing may be terrible for Ravi but at least he has a logical reason to be working at Jabot.

• Members

Honestly, the grouping of Devon/Mariah/Tess/Noah has some promise. But the show is making the same mistake with them that they made with Hilary/Devon/Mariah. And that is instead of telling story that makes sense and playing beats that naturally follow, they warp the story to center Mariah and make her relevant. There was an almost 2 month span recently  where the show was telling a "triangle" with Devon and Mariah/Hilary. Instead of them each triangulating off each other, we had Mariah centered. She'd have scenes with Devon. Then scenes with Hilary. Yet, Hilary and Devon didn't really interact. Or if they did, she was standing in between them talking while Devon was standing silently.  Same thing is happening with Devon and Mariah/Tessa. Devon and Tessa should be developing a relationship independent of Mariah. But they've yet to have one alone scene that I can recall. Her signing with his company was the perfect opportunity. But the show passed it up to center Mariah AGAIN. She's also somewhat of a go between with Noah and Tessa as well. It's not as bad as the Devon and Tessa side but still noticable. I understand wanting her to lead story but they are going about it all wrong. No need for her to be omniscient and omnipresent. Seems they just hooked her to Devon's story so she could lead it...as opposed to enhancing it. It's increasingly obvious to me that this story is not about Devon building a business at all, which is quite disappointing. 

Agree about Ravi. He makes sense  and has legitimate purpose for every scene he's in whether we like the pairing with him and Ashley or not. 

• Members

I think the reason Mariah is part of Tessa/Devon scenes is to avoid speculation that Devon/Tessa could happen and that it's just business, which is good. 

Gosh, how rare on Y&R that two women interact as friends with no man in between them? Lauren/Phyllis has barely been played in years. Chloe/Chelsea had Adam btw them but not for romantic reasons. They Tessa/Mariah friendship is actually a relief. 

• Members

I missed this

Uh u ain't being generous, more like delusional.  3 to 4 months after Allspice dies Nick is all bout her diary and Adam killing Constance.  He didn't kiss Chelsea until Jan, 8 months after his wife died; gotta be ä record for Herndon Nick LOL

• Members

I guess I don't really get that. Seems kinda silly. So what if people speculate that Tessa and Devon might get together. Why is that big deal? Unrelated men and women manage to have scenes all the time. Has it stopped anyone else from interacting? I just can't see that being the reason. 

I am not complaining about Tessa and Mariah's friendship. However, I am complaining about Mariah being involved in every scene Devon has about his music business. That is unnecessary. 

• Members

Ditto. I don't get the fascination with Mattie. The actress is so green, her delivery is like nails on a chalkboard. Her storyline with Reed is not comparable to early Billy and Mac. Reed's clashing with Charlie is forced. And they still don't know who their parents are? Don't they know each other's family name? Don't they see each other on social media? FF material to me.

• Members

To each their own. I think the Mattie pairing has made Reed tolerable. They're not the greatest actors but "nails on a chalkboard"? No, at least not IMO. I like the kids more than the actors playing their parents LOL

Archived