Y&R: June 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

Yes! It happened right around the same time. Sherwood and Leon were really good in the roles. Leon and Luckinbill were great from what I can remember. And I liked Sherwood with Graziadei, more than the whiney Valley Girl we still have in the role. The actresses both gave such "oomph" to their roles and fit right in as strong women on the canvas. I loved Fonseca as Colleen but Leon added some fire.

Sursok was awful. I'm still annoyed Colleen and Brad were offed like they meant nothing to the show. Too bad Heather Tom and Don Diamont are on B&B. I still see them as Victoria and Brad and always will. I wish both were still on Y&R.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Y&R needs and needed a character like Brad Carlton.  He, AMC's Alec McIntyre, and OLTL's Max Holden fit a certain type of man that is very much missing on soaps today.  Think Michael Corbett's character on Ryan's Hope.  I LOVE those guys, the player, the opportunist, the man-whore, but not cuz they're slutty, but because money gets them hard.   And they rarely, if ever, apologized for it.  LML watered Brad down with the whole Reliquary mess, but he was certainly still old-school Brad when he married Victoria and was boffing Sharon on the side.  THAT is the Brad Carlton I knew and loved.   And there are so many men that are like that today, hell worse than Brad or Max.  Yet they are grossly missing from daytime.  Whoever decided in the 2000s that daytime should start playing it completely safe, especially with love scenes, is a real asshat.

I mean we'd NEVER get a relationship like AMC's Alec & Arlene on daytime today and that sick, twisted affair produced some of the raciest and hottest sex scenes EVER on television, let alone daytime.  Give the people something to watch and they WILL.  It ain't rocket Science.  The F?

• Members

Tammin Sursok wasn't a good actress & the Nazi/Reliquary stuff was some of the worst soap ever but it was still a ridiculous for Y&R to kill off The Carltons after spending so much time & effort into making them happen.

Especially since most of the stories Ashley & Abby had after Brad & Colleen died were awful.

If Y&R needed to get rid of them for awhile the writers could've very easily sent them to Europe for a couple of years instead of subjecting them to unnecessarily gruesome deaths.

• Members

Agreed. That's how I've wanted Cane to be forever. The writing is a tad better for him now but not totally there

And agreed Juniorz, I enjoy those types as well

+1

+1

Write them off, don't kill them for shock value. And to do it in a way that their deaths are PERMANENT was such a slap in the face.

• Members

Adrienne Leon was great casting for Traci and Brad's daughter.

I would've like to see how Leon and Maitland would be together as well as Leon with Adams and Davidson.  

It also would be interesting to see how Colleen's relationship would've evolved with Abby as well as Lily at this time.

• Members

I've just watched Friday's episode.

It was the best Y&R I've seen in about 15 years.

The Dina accommodation story beat is classic Y&R.

I liked them tying Lauren's dislike of Sharon with Scotty's kidnapping.

I even enjoyed CK!! 

AH cannot deliver for the life of hers, but at least she's trying.

Scotty needs to be recast PRONTO. I'm looking forward to watch daily, even though I'm not looking forward any FauxPhyllis, Newmans and Chelsea drama.

• Members

That's true. It was always a long lost relative. Folks give Devon's connection to Kay the side eye but if I recall correctly, MacKenzie materialized out of thin air the same way. Was her mother and Brock's story ever on-screen? Could have been before my time. 

I mind even more cause he's Adam's and I know exactly what JFP was trying to do. Had Nick been the more popular one, he'd been his. Lol

Archived