Y&R: June 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought jill was due back this month.

Listing everything happening...it tells me that Jill is still vital to the show...moreso then Jack or Victor.  Bill bell knew this hence why she was vital up till he retired in 1997/1998.  Then Kay Alden started the gradual shift to Victor and Jack only.

• Members

Sometimes a PM is in order instead of open chastisement. 

I know...it ain't my business. And I'm horid for stiring the pot. 

Don't worry. If you think the show is giving Hilary a concious or humanity, think again. I'm fairly certain we will find out she was playing Devon and working a different angle. She's never allowed to be sincere..ever. 

She's lying. Wait for it...

You can't really be held responsible with the many Billy recasts. 

• Members

You're fine.  I wasn't chastising her (I think she knows that and is why she chose not to respond), I was actually trying to help her out.  I thought about a PM, but the idea was she was dragged through the mud real quick-like openly in this thread.  

Was I chastising the mud draggers?  You betcha.  Was that part of the motivation for posting rather than PMing?  I mean, yeah, kinda.

• Members

Y&R could write Victor out tomorrow and not much on the canvas would change.

In fact the only Newmans who are semi-relevant right now are Victoria, Reed (thanks to Mattie) & Abby (mainly because she's also an Abbott). The rest of them might as well be on the backburner.

However Jack & Jill are both fairly central to most of the current stories. It's ridiculous that Jess & Judith have to compete for airtime but that's the way sexism works.

• Members

Loving Y&R and B&B the writers are doing a great job. GH is still failing to me. I'm done with the mob. Bring Jason Q back and his brains. Loved the mob in the old days when it started but the show is less hospital than it should be now. The Godfather movies ended awhile ago.

• Members

^ Like many soap pairing Villy would have been better as a romance that didn't lead to marriage.  Soaps don't do longing very well anymore.  It's really a shame, but it seems clear to me that some focus groups convinced TPTB that people won't wait for payoff anymore. I can't think of another reason soaps rush to marriage and babies so often.

• Members

Soaps do the same with vixens too.

Bitchy female characters grow popular with the soap audience (usually at the expense of its heroines) & the writers quickly ignore their flaws to turn them into 'heroines' while the real heroines are hated and/or backburnered.

Most soaps use babies to cement couples now. As long as two characters share a kid they'll always be forced to interact.

That was never the issue.

• Members

I have no doubt that those who "dare" to point out her bullying tactics are quite repentant after your Very Important Contribution.

Indeed, I think I hear sobbing and gnashing of teeth from the peanut gallery as we speak.

I jest, I jest!

Please register in order to view this content

Archived