Y&R: June 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He's a bit older than some of the actresses mentioned (though younger than Ashley by a considerable margin) so he has more potential with them than Y&R's veteran female characters (most of whom are severely damaged & don't need to be in relationships).

And given Y&R's horrible handling of most new male characters over the last 15 years it's not wise to be overly picky in terms of age.

After a month they wouldn't care about him and Ashley either.

• Members

Even if it's just cat and mouse, I don't see the harm of having Ashley and Graham sharing scenes. I'm intrigued enough to see where TPTB plans to take this character.  

Also, I'd like to have a scene where we see Graham working out at the GCAC...well, because of that picture @Soapsuds posted. 

• Members

I think Graham is being played as Ashley and Jack's age despite the actor being only 42 or so. Plus he looks much older than his age with all that grey.  If they are going to do another May December they might as well pair Neil with one of the ladies you mentioned. 

• Members

Graham isn't really being played as Ashley & Jack's contemporary beyond the fact that he's shared the majority of his scenes with them (which makes all the difference).

Plus the age difference between the actor & CK is the same as the one between he & ED so if pairing him with CK would be considered a May/December romance, what would that make a pairing between he & ED?

• Members

How is he being played as their contemporary?

There hasn't been anything (other than his gray hair) to differentiate him from Nick (who is 15/20 years younger than PB & ED).

Eyal Podell is the same age as MS & nobody had a problem with him being chem tested with and/or dating Heather & Colleen.

• Members

His grey hair is more than enough. Television is a visual medium and cause of it, I perceive him as about 55. I was shocked to learn the actor was 42. 

I've had a problem with Y&Rs lack of investment in younger males for quite some time. I've consistently argued for more younger males and less young female/older male pairings. I'm not going to change my opinion for Max Shipee's Graham. I think he looks good with Ashley. They have chemistry. Why not? However, I'm also not against him being paired with Vikki, Nikki, Gloria, Chelsea, Sharon or any other woman close to or older than 40. However, these childless 30 and under ladies should be with younger men. It's really just my preference more than anything. 

• Members

TBH, I wasn't a fan of the Professor and Colleen pairing off, then again, just about everything connected to that damn reliquary storyline turned me off and unfortunately, I associated Eyal Podell's character, more than most, with the reliquary storyline.

Maybe I took one of my sabbaticals from watching Y&R but I have absolutely no memory of Heather with the Professor.

• Members

Advocating for a pairing of two characters because one looks nice shirtless is hardly a "wait and see approach."

But then again this is SON where passive aggressive cowardice masquerades as objectivity so it all makes sense.

• Members

That was a joke, btw.

I mentioned the cat and mouse dynamic in their scenes.  It's only my opinion, don't know why you're catching feelings over this. *shrugs*.

There's no such thing as objectivity, it's all opinion. It's a soap opera. It's entertainment. It's not life and death. I'm reading about almost 100 people who were burned to death in a building. That is serious, this show is not. 

I'm not going to argue with you about it.  

You can have your opinions, I have mine. It's not that serious.

Archived