Y&R: June 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

Actually I could care less about Ravi but the way people just dismiss characters for no reason because they don't fit a particular description or they think they are the writers' pets because another character is written badly in their eyes when its clear they aren't. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

For some reason, I'm enjoying watching Cane being squeezed from all sides and seeing how anxious he's become.  The conversation he had with his daughter did a bit to show a less ogre-ish side to his character.  

This might shock many but I've got no complaints with Victoria in today's episode, the past few times the character has appeared, she actually comes off as having authority and making executive decisions.  This doesn't mean I want to be over-saturated with the character though and I hope they use her sparingly. And it was good to see a scene with Neil where they actually seemed like something closer than acquaintances.

It was good to see Michael actually performing his job as a lawyer, seems like it's been quite awhile since he did something besides shuffle paperwork.  Leslie being on the scene has a lot to do with that, it was good to see her in scenes with Hilary and Neil.

I still say TPTB are building something between Abby and Scott for down-the-road.  Speaking of Scott, it seems like he's taken over the messy 'do mantle that Victoria used to own now that she's looking more pulled-together.

If Lauren's Fenmore's story hadn't been ended so soon, Ravi would've had something to do...'work', LOL.  He's still a new character, he doesn't have to have onscreen intimates right now. He could be mostly in the background, where we'd learn little things about him here and there until there was something interesting to say about his character. Soaps used to do this very well.

There are plenty of ways, the writing could build and get us to care about this character, but none of it will involve makeovers at The Men's Warehouse or making him Ashley's personal Guru (which is borderline offensive and stereotypical).

Let the guy play videogames and share the occasional beer with Devon, Mariah, Tess and Noah at the Underground or something. Make Ravi a workaholic until Y&R can get Shenaz Treasury to do a guest spot at Thanksgiving or Christmas

Please register in order to view this content

. Y&R would have to give him something else besides building an app- by the way, how many characters are building apps on this show now??  Ravi, Abby and Zach, who next??

By the way, the reason why I think the Dina homecoming story and the Sexual harrassment stories are probably the most interesting storylines on this show is because they each have tangible conflict and they also involve a decent number of characters focused on those central conflicts.  They just seem more focused than some of the other stories that almost seem like they're being made up as they go along. JMO. 

• Members

Agree with everything you said.

But...I am afraid that I have fallen off the van wagon of Sharon/Scott though they make good friends. I now kinda want to see him and Abby together. So I hope so down the road.

Oh!!! There's Charlie!!! I thought the reveal of him being Mattie's brother was good. And awww...Reed asked her out right before it. Darn. lol.

I would go a step farther with what you said about the current stories and say this: I know we have mentioned that there appears to be interference from above. But maybe these are SSM's babies and thus why they seem more focused aka she likes them versus what is being mandated to her to write aka the stories looking like they are made up as they go along.

+ 1

I admit...I do like to see what Hilary is wearing whenever she is on...she's been looking fierce.

• Members

Catching up: 

I like the hockey storyline, it makes sense. The NHL is trying to expand it's audience so I can believe it, and it's actually creating a good umbrella story. Also, I think Daniel Goddard is doing good work.

Can Hillary and Phyllis be friends? Damn, there scenes together were great. 

I had to lol at Maddie and Cane, when she said your cup is empty. It sounded like an ad-lib but they played it off well.

I'm enjoying Melody Thomas Scott and this concert storyline. She's really come to live, and this story looks like a big potential is on the horizon.

I'm happy that Dina is staying. The actress is too damn good.

I'm disappointed in Chloe being alive (I don't read spoilers). I thought it was bold to kill her off by suicide and the ramifications added some heartfelt drama from all. I just hope it doesn't get more outlandish.

The Newman storyline can be better, but Eric Braeden needs to anchor it. The actress that plays Abby and Scott cannot anchor it. They're insufferable and boring.

Archived