Y&R: June 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She absolutely does. I just hope they don't follow the Natalie/Ravi pattern. I think Mattie is lovely and I hope they aren't quick to strip away the glasses and glam her up. There's no need. Keep her sweet and smart. I'm digging the Reed connection. 

• Members

I guess that depends on how one defines flop. Do I think he's taken off with the audience? No. Do I think a large part of the audience cares one way or the other about him? No. Do I think he still has a chance to take off if utilized differently? Yes. 

Your avatar...Two thumbs up!

Travis? I don't know him. 

There is no need to take her glasses off. Typically that's done for the love interest to notice the geek. Reed is already into her do it's be pointless. However, that doesn't prevent the show from doing it. I can see her having a coming out at the Christmas formal. But then they may not put that much energy into it since their romance will mostly be about Billy giving out advice and championing Reed and the pairing. Wait for it....lol. 

• Members

I have watched the last 8 or 9 episodes in their entirety.  Yes, I needed a visit to the local pot shop first. But, with the exception of the classy Marla Adams and some of the fine acting around that lightweight story (other than Graham who's awful actor), the show is mostly unwatchable. Sally is so lost.  Every plot centers around a newbie who has no connection to anyone in town, who are lightweight or downright terrible actors (Reed, Juliet, Tessa, Scott, Chloe's doc, Tessa' bf, the aged twins, Ravi).  And whose idea was it to age the twins.  God awful decision.  Even the Dina story is saddled with lightweight beats as in when Ash realized that Dina was going to leave and had that overboard reaction (which only lasted a scene and a half) before Dina suddenly changed her mind all within the same act.  Bizarre pacing.  Certain beats should be played out, maybe not to the extent Bill Bell did with a revelation or plot turn taking two weeks to unravel.LOL.  But this current version of the show will guarantee an audience size that rivals Days' 231 viewers. LOL  SAD  P.S. Reed and Matilda (Radilda? Reedilda?  Remaddy? Regurgitate?), the new young Sharon and Nick!  ummm NO...  PSS. Scott and Abby?  Scabby?  Pick it off please.

• Members

On the subject of Ravi, I did like him initially. The original plan was to have the flirtation with Ashley to open her up to another relationship and had they stuck to that plan it would've worked. Keep them as friends and use it to spin them off into different romantic relationships. As soon as he got the makeover he lost everything that made him cute and unique. Now he has no personality and is just a generic soap character. He could be fixed though and I wish they'd try. Put him with younger characters and I'd bring on a sister for him eventually. 

• Members

LOL

This thread is often better than the show

Ravi's potential has been wasted. The makeover wasn't necessary and I don't think he needed to be in a relationship with Ashley. Them as friends worked just fine. Even Ravi's crush on her was fine. But Ashley should have been pushing Ravi and Abby together. Ravi's too isolated. He's stuck in Jabot and never interacts with anyone his age. That's a mistake. I like Ravi and Phyllis as friends. But he's too isolated now.

He may be boring to some but others here do like him, though I've listed above why he's wasted. I also appreciate the diversity he adds to the canvas.

No, he sure doesn't but we get it, he doesn't like Ravi. Other's don't like Ravi. It's the same thing over and over. We get it. I'd prefer instead of just hearing "he's a flop" "it's TRASH" to have an actual explanation and discussion about it ... just saying

• Members

And WE get it, he likes Ravi. Just because you want people to give the explanations that have already been given about why they don't like Ravi, they don't have to keep explaining it and it's annoying to be pestered over and over because you think a character sucks and some annoying kid likes him.

Archived