B&B - June 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Welcome back, bitch!

So I guess this whole Katie going crazy thing was to throw us off the Sheila scent/introduce the story.

We should have known she's back when Lt. Baker got involved!

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I'm thinking Brad Bell pulled off one of the biggest surprises in recent daytime history today. I don't think anyone saw it coming, certainly no one on this board. It's nice to know it's still possible to create a Friday cliffhanger, something the soaps used to be so good at. Kudos B&B

• Members

No. I'm not Bradley Bell. I'm just saying how nobody really saw this coming, and that the show did everything possible to keep the reveal a surprise. As posters often comment, the soaps don't surprise anymore. When one does successfully, I see nothing wrong in giving credit where credit is due. 

• Members

It certainly was a big surprise and I'll give credit for two things: 1) no characters even mentioned Sheila - not even in passing and 2) the set security. Only one site spoiled it early this morning and I only noticed that when I did a search after the news broke. 

Also, credit B&B's quick production model, remember the show was foolishly pre-empted for a nothing news conference only 4 weeks ago today. Most shows take 6-8 weeks to get back to Friday cliffhangers, sync holiday episodes etc. That's pretty darned amazing. I seriously doubt it was going to be set for a Thursday reveal. 

• Members

Yes.  There was an article about the the Katie/Quinn story in this week's TV Guide magazine that hinted that something huge was going to happen with this story today that would interest veteran fans.  I really thought it was going to be Monday because of that pre-emption, so I was a little surprised that in did in fact air today and we got a good old-fashioned Friday cliff-hanger.  And that promo at the end of the episode was giving me all kinds of feelings and excited for the summer.  Brad better not disappoint.

Archived