B&B - June 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

While I can understand tension between Julius and Maya, please see my post about what the hell was going this past week on B&B. Worst of all is Zende, an adopted child himself, never even raised the possibility of adoption. To top this all off we're suppose to have Sheila lurking in the background? Another B&B PSA gone very very terribly wrong(ie Hope in a hot tub, Massimo's oil tanker OMG), but this time it's even got Melaswen(Days) and Skye in the volcano(Y&R) beat as worst soap opera story beat ever. 

• Members

They were way too chicken to really play this story out, which is fine, but then don't start what you don't have the guts to do right. 

Totally agree with @DeeeDee that they should have used a trans actress for this role. It lacked all credibility as soon as they didn't, but then maybe that's fitting.

I'm also a little disgusted with Lizzie's story. That Nicole would even seriously think about ripping a child from the only mother she's known is gross. I also hate the way these shows insist on making infertile women obsessed or downright insane.

• Members

Only Papa Avant had a problem with it. No one else blinked and the story was pretty much done when it was revealed.

Coming from an adoptive family Zende should have told Nicole it didn't matter if she could have her own or not because they could adopt. It was upsetting hearing Zende saying he didn't want Lizzie because it wasn't his bio child but Rick's.  And?? Has he forgotten he is adopted? IMO he is more against Nicole getting Lizzie because it's not his instead of because she would separate a family by doing so.

• Members

I hope you guys realize that the decision to turn Maya into a trans woman came a couple years into her presence on the show... it's not like they could recast with a trans actress as if nothing happened...

As for the rest, wake me up when the Lizzie drama ends.

• Members

Obviously, but if they wanted to do that story they should have created a new character. What they did do is a laughable disgrace that both disrespected the audience (nothing new there I admit) and ruined an established character. I took the longest break I have ever taken after they screwed over Maya. It was such a waste and no one is believing she was ever a man. I'm the master of suspending disbelief, but nope! Then when they brought on trans actresses to try to justify the mess. Just pathetic. 

• Members

Yep. It was so obvious that they turned on a dime.  One minute Maya was a delicious social climber and Rick was dreaming about Caroline when he was in bed with her. The next Rick and Maya are in love. Then they still could have saved it to some degree, but they had to turn Maya "good". It just kills me because Maya is just one more example of this show on the edge of something good and then they eff it up. That's the history this show though.  I've played Charlie Brown to Brad Bell's Lucy so many times, but at some point I can only blame myself for thinking this time will be different.

• Members

This is what happens when you write a "story" for a group of people instead of your entire audience.  Bell gave the LGBT community an outcome he thought they'd like because, sure, who wouldn't want the reveal to be like Maya's?  The soap viewers got the middle finger.  I will always be bitter about this!  

• Members

Loved the last shot of ShEvil looking directly into camera from Gomer Pyle's POV. 

In typical B&B fashion, H8ie is back to normal. All washed away and off to help fulfill DB's contract. I guess we know what $B and Brooke's next 'challenge' will be. 

WyNot/Wigole had an interesting chemistry that should've been explored beyond Myrna's secret. 

• Members

Since Lizzie was basically a surrogate child, why wouldn't Zende be talking ti Nicole about having "their" child by surrogacy?  They didn't say there was anything wrong with Nicole's eggs, just a scarred uterus.

• Members

Exactly. Plus the whole reason Zombie exists had nothing to do with biology. As I said earlier this week, that should be a crucial part of Zombie/Wigole discussion - but that wouldn't further this DOA plot-driven/staged storyline. I almost think it was created as major filler because it took up so many episodes so they could have 'cover' for the ShEvil filming. Since B&B films 2 or 3 weeks in advance, KB should be filming in clear now or soon.  I bet this story dies a quick death. 

Archived