B&B - June 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

A telenovela would have one or two veteran actors and the rest all awful newbies who can't act their way out of a paper bag. But then look at a lot of the crap newbies the soaps hire so it wouldn't really be any different.

B&B would benefit greatly from being a true telenovela. Lord knows they rush through story, dropping plots and actors left and right ...

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She was totally cheesy.  I yawned at the "I'm OK now that you're here...just hold me" - or whatever she said.  All plot device for the Quidge eventual pairing.  Quinn would never be redeemed for me after multiple murder attempts, and nothing ever happens to her.  She's a cartoon character to me.  And I agree with whoever said - with Sheila - it really is silly.  The Ted Bundy comparison is so true. 

• Members

I'm very happy with the Deacon twist - I think this is how you write a soap opera. Could the execution be better? Yes, but these days beggars can't be chosers.

The show cheesy and melodramatic, but at least it is not boring. I loooove how they're tossing away the Pheila fiasco as 'crazy stories/rumors' ROTFL.

They are trying hard to sell the Quidge pairing. I don't see how anyone could be invested in a B&B couple. Remember how much time they took to build Ridge+C2, and then it faded away as if it never happened.

I feel sorry for KKL being reduced to a glorified extra.

• Members

Ugh, I see I can start turning over to The Chew again.  Today was 3 words - "Quinn Barf Fest".  Thank GOD you're OK, Quinn!  I'm so SORRY that I left you Quinn!  Ridge is the HERO of Quinn, you saved her LIFE!  Thank God you got help for Quinn, Katie!  Quinn and Ridge will forever be Linked!  The dialogue was atrocious...

• Members

And three weeks ago it was the WigCole show with repetitive dialogue etc. Sadly, that's B&B's structure. 

Seeing SK again really showed how much he's been missed. Deacon/H8ie would've been worth testing. Now Quinn, Brooke, H8ie jockeying for Deacon far more plausible than Bad Santa. 

If KB sticks around for a bit - the ShEvil/Bad Santa will be explored and that's OK because there's so much history there. 

Very sexist to Quinn have to declare her love for Widge first. Of course this was mere moments after she reaffirmed being happy with Bad Santa and her family in front of everyone. 

• Members

Turning Quinn into a heroine (soap code for victim) is just lazy. It is possible for strong, talented, self-made women to work in a soap format. Instead of Widge 'saving' Quinn, it would be far more believable if she had outsmarted Deacon and clocked him. Quinn's feelings for Widge have been developing for months and are strong - having him 'save' her doesn't suddenly make it 'wuve.' 

• Members

Does Deacon know Sheila? He seemed very familiar with her but Im not sure if they crossed paths on either show

Notice how Deacon was talking like a psycho yesterday but now he's back to normal? He only wanted a reaction from Quinn so he could get money? That doesnt even jive with what played out on screen. They should have had him on weeks ago trying to extort money from her.

Quinn: "He's been hounding me for money. He's been making threats for months." WTF?!? WHEN? Why hasnt this stupid show shown this? He hasnt been seen since last August

So Donna still lives in LA? I thought she moved and only visited that time she came for Brooke's wedding to Bill.

Please register in order to view this content

WTF is Brooke wearing?

Quinn admits she is in love with Ridge. WHAT! Aint that some sh-t

• Members

Wow I missed this dialogue. But I also want the receipts for this too! And when has Quinn ever been afraid of Deacon?

I had to LOL when Count Dracula said Deacon would have gotten it had he been around....yeah right....LOL.

• Members

that may be true but at the very least, it happened on her property as there is nothing between her house and Eric's as they are neighbors. Sheila was lurking around outside before she got in. How the heck did she and Deacon not run into each other? Not to mention Katie has been spending most of her afternoons staring outside the window in that same direction the gun was shot. She really didnt see Deacon? I smell plot holes all around

when Bell decided to pull this out his ass

Archived