Y&R Promo: A Naughty Secret Is Exposed

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There was a time when Y&R had other storylines cooking at once that they had time to really build before a reveal to have maximum impact.

Like, Lily and Juliet would've truly bonded over dinners, drinks, "girls night out" events and Cane might have even grew to appreciate Lily and Juliet as being close, confident that the secret would never come out then 'Wham' it would all come tumbling down.

Considering the flash drive was already used to reveal the 'gambling' conspiracy, I'd say these writers are running out of ideas on how to spill secrets.

• Members

Yep. SSM is slowly working her ways through the 00 decade. The online dating thing (obsession) is still fresh for her and the flash drive thing is so incredibly dated. I haven't used a FD in 5 years (or more). I remember when DAYS had Kristen carrying around/losing, etc. that FD for months and that seemed tired. 

And how random that they would not only spoil this reveal, but also zero build-up. I mean if Hilary saw Cane/Juliet in LA and get vibes or previously, at least, it would be something. 

• Members

lmao, this show is being written by grandparents who probably have NO IDEA what social media is... I mean look at B&B's pathetic attempt at trying to make Steffy have a Kardashian-esque soc media presence. And I'm pretty sure peeps still use landlines on these shows... xD

behind the times mess. 

• Members

I don't have a problem with flash drives but why use it to reveal three of your latest storyline secrets? It seems a bit lazy, TBH.

Maybe they should watch an episode from one of the seasons of Black Mirror to get some ideas for other ways to use technology.

Remember when that virus hit Newman and Jabot?  Now I know why, both companies probably still use Windows NT.

• Members

I love that Hillary is the one who gets to deliver the bomb to Lily, should be good

They've had at least three scenes like that, including one this week when Juliet, Jordan, and Hillary were lounging at the hotel bar in LA and Hillary wanted to know more about Juliet and Cane's bonding in Japan.

• Members

I only watched 2 episodes this week. I stand corrected. And, yes, to Hilary delivering the news. OC, Lily will lean on Jordan - so the triangle can begin.... I'd rather have Hilary/Lily sniping at each other than Hilary/Cassiah 

• Members

^

This. 

To add on, Hilary shouldn't've learned about the affair till months down the line.

Juliet should've been fired or demoted from Brash and Sassy b/c of the gambling mishap, which rattled her and caused her to go legit for awhile. In her down time, she'd use her spare time to 'bond' with Lily while winning over Cane as Juliet swears she'll keep their tryst a secret.

Then the camera man would weasel his way back into town trying to pilfer more cash from Cane, which is when Juliet would stumble unto the truth and use it to get Cane to get her back into Brash and Sassy. Juliet would use both secrets to pull Cane strings to advance herself even more. That's when Hilary should've overheard once instance of the two going at it over the secret, but instead of using a damn flash drive, have her record it and show it to Billy, who'd rightfully blow Cane's whole world sky high. 

Archived