Do u think Ron Carlivati will be a success at DAYS?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

some talk about incestuos relationships...and some LOVED JER's Days and Passions. If John's story is reconned once again....SA is the ONLY one who could do it. it probably won't happen though, but if it were....and as far as ships sailing, sometimes I LOL at what is allowed by soaps fans when they want to see it. But, that's just me. LOL

• Members

I'd rather they didn't mess with John again but if anyone does it, SA is more then capable of making it work IMHO. But I've had enough of John's retcons. It's as ludicrous as Jack dying and coming back three times. I want Jack back but I have a feeling this is the reason he hasn't been brought back. It's been done to "death" so to speak.

• Members

I think S.A. coming back as consultant was a compromise between Corday and Sony..imho.

Hopefully, she'll have enough power to keep Ron's excessas in check.

She was the one to do telhe Mariana thrown in a pit story back in 1992 when she co headwrote with Reilly...and the fallout is still felt today from that stunt.  Reilly did the stunts with little to no fallout..imho.

I wonder if that will happen here..maybe Ron will come up with over the top stuff..and maybe she will advise on how to make the fallout long term and not just viewed as a stupid stunt.

• Members

I always thought JER didn't Iike him (and Thaao) but Corday doesn't seem to care much for him either. I love Ashford. It sucks how writers seemed unable or unwilling to write for Jack who was once such a complex character.

• Members

I don't know if it's true but I remember some fans speculating that Corday has issues with him going back to when he was one of the lynchpins of the show (the early '90s), which was also around the time he tried to replace Jack with Hawk as Jennifer's love interest. 

• Members

I know. I don't get it. It's clearly Corday. Though Tomsell seemed to only care about Daniel and Rafe as leading men and everyone else got the shaft. But maybe that's Corday (or probably NBC) too. Too many cooks in the kitchen at DAYS. I've never trusted Corday's thoughts on the show, he doesn't seem to know what really works or not.

• Members

His parents are the ones who made Days a truly classic show. Ted & Betty knew what fans wanted.....hardly any bad stories. plus having W. Bell as your HW doesn't hurt. but Kenny Boy has never had one clue. he fell in love JER's Days and seems to want that more than anything else, but times have moved on. he doesn't understand good storytelling for an entire canvas equals ratings. plus I can't count how many times the show was going in the right direction and he showed up and screwed everything up. he hasn't taken responsibility for this show's state EVER. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived