Do u think Ron Carlivati will be a success at DAYS?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree with @Melroser in both of his posts ...

I was cheering Ron's exit from GH but he drew me back into OLTL when he first started and his first couple of years at GH weren't all awful (IMO) so I think he'll do fine at first. His writing fits DAYS, or at least it should. I'm sure we'll hear people calling for his firing a week or two into his run but I'm willing to give him a chance. We all know he'll probably start to suck if there's too much interference. I'll take him at his worst over Tomlin and Higley anyday for DAYS. And I hope Sheri Anderson is used better as a consultant than Kay Alden seems to be at Y&R. Anderson being there gives me a bit more hope and I think Quan is also decent. The show SHOULD get better.

I could care less if EJ ever graces the show again but he's right up Ron's alley. I bet EJ has had Will this whole time but I really don't want the Sami/EJ show again, for however long Sweeney is back for (I've heard she's only taping five weeks, as for how long that translates on-screen we'll see).

• Members

His first year or so at GH was great for me.  Here is where he lost me though-  Franco as a viable character.  Never worked and was the wrong idea from the start.

Ava was the only creation he came up with that I enjoyed.  Everything else was seeing the vets I missed in actual stories again.  

Also a problem- Bringing back AJ then killing him off again.  Waste.  Brining back Duke then killing him off again.  Why?  And by the time he was nearly gone, bringing back Frank Smith just to kill him off after two weeks- pointless.  The fact that the same writer did this on the same show in less than 3 years was the problem.

All that aside though- he will be so good for DAYS because he is better than Dena or Josh.

• Members

I don't know how people can say his GH run was good. The only thing worse than his start and stop stories that were crappy was the horrible ass production values of FV. 

That first summer alone with the shaky camera reality show and McBain's sister, and MiStarr, Todd the cown, an ConKate was enough for me to tune out.

• Members

Just by virtue of the fact that Days has a new headwriter with some sort of track record will be enough to score Days some attention.

Ron will no doubt divide the fans but will execute some attention worthy stories at first. If he can sustain it is another story but the first 6-12 months should be interesting.

• Members

i can already see the "big event story" now... Stefano had his brain transferred to John's (to explain why he was gone for months, etc) body and John's brain to EJ's (who actually did die back when) body  

it pretty much writes itself - EJ/Marlena would begin an affair, Sami would walk in on them doing it, etc. It hits on so many notes and I'm SCREAMING just thinking about it. xD 

• Members

This. I liked the Duke return, Robin's return (as horribly dragged out as it was and I hated how forced Sabrina and Patrick were in order to have Robin crash their wedding), AJ's return and Michael turning on Sonny and taking the Quartermaine name. But killing AJ and Duke again infuriated me. AJ should be in Franco's spot on the canvas. I absolutely hated his last year/year and a half.

• Members

I don't see what the point would be now. I think that time has sailed. It would just become a convoluted mess and how would they explain Paul then? Would he just suddenly become a Brady? Would Sami still be the "real" Roman's daughter and Paul John/Roman's son making him Will's uncle, right? I'm confused already. 

Archived