DAYS: And the acting vet joining the show is...

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL

I'd take Chapman on DAYS (and I'm someone who thinks she chews way too much scenery at Y&R but I know she likes to work and is clearly eating up being used again). Her acting style fits in better on DAYS. Too bad Jane Elliot retired.

I'm not sure how Fairchild will play Anjelica. Or how she'll be written. Could be brought on to be thrown under the bus and offed

Are we ever gonna see Kassie and Eve again?

I thought they missed the boat with Justin/Eve and Justin/Kate ... I know some cling to Justin and Adrienne but I've never found them all that interesting together ...

• Members

If Morgan's Anjelica is written as a proper character and not just her doing her bitchy schtick, then it could be fine.

At the time, it was decided to not follow the usual supercouple angst for J&A, with all the obstacles to surmount before getting together, but rather go with a different formula of them dealing with problems within the marriage.

• Members

That's what I'm worried about. It's just going to be bitchy schtick. I've never pictured Anjelica as a big boobed blonde. We shall see I guess ...

I get what they wanted to do with J&A but even Kurth has said it all went too fast. I like them together, but I think they work a lot better now with others. If they were written for as a couple and actually on-screen I might feel differently. Hopefully Anjelica will give them some airtime and a story so I can like them as a couple and root for them but how would any new viewer care for them as they've been written over the last ten years since Justin returned? Mostly off-screen. It's my biggest gripe with DAYS and bringing back people. I know and care because I do my research but they do a poor job of making newer viewers care. JMO.

• Members

Part of the reason (supposedly) that Justin and Adrienne were so rushed was because Mary Beth Evans got pregnant in real life, and stories had to be changed for Kayla. The show already planned the big Greece remote and the rest is history. 

Hopefully this won't be a a schtick situation with Anjelica returning. The character is not that. 

Archived