Actor Audition for Y&R

• Members

I'm OK with an Adam recast, I suppose. But if it's just to make Chelsea work, then they need to cut their losses with MCE. Chelsea could be interesting again but they've made her a bore. MCE would have been a good Victoria but so would have Gina Tognoni.

How Heinle's reacted as Victoria towards Phyllis and Billy just reaffirms how AWFUL she is in the role.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I certainly believed her and don't think it was her idea to bring him back.  Sally didn't want Philly either.  Because Sally's YR has been a huge let down quite quickly, you clearly see network interference.  These stories are changing direction rather quickly.  Sally needs a co HW because she sucks at execution, and I'm not even sure her ideas are that great to be totally honest.  YR needs to pick good stories, stick with them and execute properly, even if that means Sally must go.  Time to anchor this show because its all over the place right now.  

I can take or leave Adam, but I won't watch MM in the role ever again.  This guy is hot and he can act.  I can see him having great chem with everyone.  Just keep plastic Sharon away from him!

• Members

@ChitHappensSally's been around long enough to know that you can't close off those possibilities of having to revive a character. She knows Y&R's history of killing off legacy characters backfiring down the road and would've kept that in mind, which was the reason why Adam's death scenes were shrouded in mystery.

Regardless of her personal feelings, IMO, even she would've known not to close off any future possibility to revive a character born onscreen given the backlash previous killings that have occurred.

I don't anticipate that Sharon would have much involvement with a revived Adam, but I would think that they'd interact, given their history- even if it's mostly consisting of Sharon explaining to an upset Adam that somehow it was "natural" that Chelsea would turn to Nick, given Sharon's history between the two men. It would be odd if they didn't interact at all.

• Members

@dramatisdreamer Sally didn't say never. She just didn't see the need for Adam right now.  As for Sharon interacting with Adam, with Justin, did Adam and Sharon interact at all?  I wasn't watching but I remember the complaints from Shadam fans. 

Its definitely Adam because Chelsea is really talking him up. 

• Members

Eventually Sharon and Adam (JH) interacted a couple times, casually. I distinctly remember once at CL. I was glad that their interactions were friendly and platonic, no need to go back there again.

For some reason, I don't think this is a Chance recast. I'll have to see what the show does with Jill when she returns but given the fact that they won't even let her run CI, what would there be for Chance to do? 

Was that under Pratt's regime?

• Members

The actor seems to be nice from hearing him speak. I am just hoping no more Adam. He has been recast several times on the short time he has been on the show. Also as many Veteran actors who were killed off and very important as well they didn't bring them back no matter how much people wanted them back.

Adam doesn't make the show many thought the show wouldn't survive after Muhney left which was completely false.

I hope if anything he is another character or even a new character.

• Members

I really like Chelsea and I did like the last Adam but before JH I didn't like the character in the least he was way way too dark. I don't know why they insist on making the show about 2 people when it is suppose to be an ensemble of many.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Well the problem is that nothing is sticking on the show. Sally hasn't had one must see story to keep viewers glued. She has failed as a HW so far. So I guess she decided to bring back Adam after all since nothing seems to be working for her.

• Members

Exactly! But I think Adam was an executive order much like Philly, 2 things Sally was most adamantly against. Of course Philly did nothing for the ratings and neither will nununuAdam. If the stories aren't interesting, viewers will respond in kind. The ratings aren't extremely bad because Adam is gone and Trashcan Philly were separated. 

• Members

I am reading on other boards that the actor is the new Adam. It has been confirmed. I am ok with it as long as it keeps Morrow/Nick away from Chelsea. Although I hear they will try a triangle between the three.

I am sure MM and his fans are going to be angry over this which I love.

Please register in order to view this content

Archived