Days actor returns

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As a viewer, I really regret TPTB removing Lucas as a primary character.  Sami could have moved on without removing Lucas.  I'm glad to see Ron is using him, even though I'm not watching and won't probably check the show out until Will really returns.  I've been burned by shitty DAYS one time too many.

• Members

I've always loved Lucas and Dattilo. The show is very watchable and some little things are enjoyable to me and character interactions have improved immensely. The show has some life to it again. I'm still cautious because, you know, it's Ron, but I think he fits the show, he wasn't a fanboy of it coming in, and Sheri and Ryan are around.

• Members

no,  but what I mean is to begin with he was written out because of the drinking stuff and then from there I just think writers and producers didn't really care to bother with the character (or actor) anymore long-term. He sort of did it to himself, tbh. 

• Members

Dattilo was written out in 2001 and returned in 2002. At first, they didn't give him much, but became a leading man around 2003-2007 when Sami & Lucas got together. He was an after thought once they brought on EJ/James Scott... 

They paired him with Chloe but that was definitely a "Tier Two" coupling that never gelled. 

• Members

I don't know all the history, but it seems like Tomlin had little use for him.

He was kind of like Sami's Don Craig.  Once people took to her and EJ, or her and Rafe, there was no room for Lucas.  Kind of like Wayne's Roman and Marlena.  Goodbye Don.

I do remember when he was gone Lumi fans particularly despised her pairing with EJ.

• Members

For me Lucas = Nick Newman....I have no use for the character or actor. I always thought Lucas should be recast with a hunkier guy. BD doesn't cut it for me in the looks department. He is a better actor than JM but eh......

Rafe needs to go too. AZ/Nicole exixt was reported 10 years ago and she still hasn't left.....

• Members

I never had too much use for BD, but he had his moments when Sami got pregnant and tried to pass Will off as Austin's.  Brian is just not that good and it showed it when Will died.  Slumped over in a chair sobbing like a fool.  Pros can pull that off without making it a funny moment.  

As for Nicole, 

Please register in order to view this content

I can't wait for her exit.  She's no longer needed and they need to hurry before ari beds someone else and starts demanding they be onscreen lovers as well.  Can't stand her!

Archived