Actor out at Y&R (Finally)

• Members

perhaps, to harken back to Dylan being in witness protection they could have whomever's after Dylan kidnap, torture, and eventually kill Kevin. Leave his body somewhere w/ the message "you can run but you can't hide, Derek" or whatever his undercover name was. 

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was DONE when Y&R made Mackenzie Kevin's #1 cheerleader & had her screaming at COLLEEN to stop "bullying" the little degenerate because Colleen kept reminding everyone THAT HE ATTEMPTED TO MURDER HER.

• Members

That would be a shocking full circle closure! It would never happen though realistically but would make sense since Kevin has never been fully redeemed. 

@DeeeDee @YRBB @YRfan23 I did think the original sinister version of Kevin was fascinating. The obsession with Lily, JT, and Colleen and then the creepy friendship he had with Lauren. There was a lot of potential and I had assumed that a redemption story would have left Kevin at the very least seen recurring in a psychiatric facility dealing with his issues after his prison beating for a long term arc.  Of course that never happened as we had some idiotic botched staged elevator fight. It was the Smith regime, the same regime that had Paul raping Christine and the Christine getting engaged to Michael right afterward. No wonder Linden Ashby was bothered. 

• Members

I know everyone has fans but I cringe when I see his stans saying how "unfair it is" etc. The character was supposed to be limited. Rikaart isn't awful but he's not the greatest actor in the world. It's long overdue to say goodbye to Kevin. LONG overdue. I hope they don't listen to the whining.

• Members

Yet when people who were legacy characters who fans loved,  for example like Brad and Colleen who had a lot of story to tell they should not even be saying a word that he got to be on the show this long. I cannot see why either what stories were good after he did all those evil thing? The chipmunk? Another nutjob was Jana and we had to see him support the other loon too who also tried to kill Colleen?  I cannot believe he even lasted this long and for what? His lame s/l's?  

Also bad writing is him working at a police station after statutory rape and attempted murder by arson. Let's not even mention what he also helped with Dr. Tim with that dirt cop Ronan.

The Kevin character after all he did years back and I know it is a fictional show but people want to see justice even on a fictional show for what he did to Colleen and Lily and didn't get to have it at all. They should be happy he at least is getting some sort of happy ending and also not being killed of like characters who were very beloved. For me I could care less, I would love to have seen this character of Kevin killed off. I don't even think about him unless somebody brings him up or he is shown for very short stories.

• Members

You make a good point -- they did find ways to make it worse and worse. I wasn't watching regularly at that point, so I'm glad I missed that. That decision is reinforced everytime I hear about something I missed. That being said, in a way it didn't matter much (at least to me) because even when they still had J.T. hating him or whatever, the writing was clearly on Kevin's side -- and I was all the way done.

Oh, yes, it would be nice if they had Kevin return to his true self and write him off like that.

Without a doubt, Kevin's initial story was really good. For me, it was riveting stuff. Hell, I was even OK with the sudden retcon of him being Michael's brother. If the show had remained honest about the character and took a longterm approach at possibly redeeming him, it could have worked. Even better, he could have been further redemption for MICHAEL if he remained murderous and psychotic, and Michael had to deal with his own brother's misdeeds and "punished" by them. But, noooo -- apparently, they fell in love with him and had to defend him at any cost. And, yes, that sh!t stank of Smith and we are STILL seeing the repercussions today.

Archived