Actor out at Y&R (Finally)

• Members

I'm serious creeped out by reading GR statement:

"...when I watch Kevin enjoying himself in scenes, it’s hard to know where he ends and Greg begins. At the moment it is unclear what lies ahead for Kevin and I, as we will be saying goodbye to Genoa City for a while..." 

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i'm gonna need him killed off in a horrific car accident - Lily finds out Cane's cheated, drives off in tears, Cane follows after her... Kevin is on the side of the road changing a tire (???) and Lily clips him. RIP. Lily and Cane keep this a secret. Kevin was trash anyway, etc. 

this has to happen purrdy, plz new regime, kthxbi.

• Members

Either one of these will work for me....a returned Adam tries to plow down Pam(Chloe) and Kevin saves her life only to be killed.

Or......

Pam(Kevin) is on his way to meet Chloe and have his happy ending when this happens to him.....

• Members

Don't get it wrong, y'all -- Kevin became useless and a nuisance AS SOON as the show decided his predator/rapist/murderous/STI-infected ass was a hero without any work or redemption involved. 2009?! No. 2004. They lucked into Jana -- and, even then, it wasn't about him or due to him.

The BEST way would be for Lily to have something to do with it. It'd be the only time I'm on her side. But the show probably will never acknowledge the psycho that he is.

In any case, I'll be glad to see him gone. Ecstatic. Thrilled.

• Members

I really think this last go around with Chloe was the final straw for TPTB. You could tell they were attempting to sell them as a fun supporting anchor couple but the lack of any romantic chemistry killed all potential. Once Liz Hendrickson got the hell out of dodge they were left with no options. GR can't sell any other pairing (2016 more than proved that), plus he's 40+ and looks it so they can't exactly play the young crazy boy angle anymore. His typical bag of Emmy winning acting tricks came off rather stale during Chloe's exit story too so it not like he was delivering riveting tv either.

The fan response so far has me worried they'll end up reconsidering but I hope they stick to their guns. This shows biggest problem is its filled with useless actors and chemistry-less pairings just stinking up the joint for no reasons other than rabid stans and actors that have a bit of tenure and are well liked BTS. Its time to clean house and prepare the show for the next decade so that free train ride needs to end.

• Members

The redemption story was originally interesting but ended up weak and ultimately even more self-destructive to the character which I agree with. However I mentioned 2009 because at least the character was still somewhat tolerable until we had that lovely scene in which Colleen told Gina that Kevin shouldn't be held accountable for his actions. In that, Kevin had become a complete massive sanctimonious hypocrite and his entire story with Chloe was unwatchable from day one. 

• Members

What redemption story?  Kevin  was beat up in jail to gain sympathy and his numerous crimes were whitewashed. Even Linden Ashby had a problem with it. He said he never wanted that kind of "redemption" for his character, Cameron.  

Archived