GH: May 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

I thought the NB was boring. I'm also sick of the Morgan b.s. We heard less about him when he was alive. They need to wrap this story up or replace the character with a new face like Jason.

Where exactly was Ava when she got her bug out bag, the gallery? Never hide your bug out bag in places associated with you, if you're wanted those are the first places put under surveillance. Oy.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My problem is not their pace.  As traditional Procter and Gamble soap storytellers, Jean and Shelly were probably well-schooled on keeping a slow pace, BUT, to be sure to reward their viewer's patience with a big payoff.  That is where their problem lies, and that is why I have said over and over again that they need a good story consultant to help them out, having a story consultant that could properly plan a story that will make sense, make use of history, and pack a wallop with the payoff at the right time.  I don't think they need to be replaced, they just need the right assistance.

• Members

Alot of the overexposure of certain characters is probably an EP problem, rather than a HW problem, though, I can not prove that definitively.  The predictable storytelling also points to a need for a good story consultant.  I do think Jelly has created a character or two with potential, like Andre and Curtis, so, I don't think they are all bad.  I like ME, but Finn never did it for me.  I still liked him best as McBain.

• Members

I enjoyed Obrecht's numbers in 2014 and 2015.  It seems that the current writing team did not.  They have kept her from performing for the last two Nurses Balls, and seem to think that the audience wants to see her denied the right to be on stage.

I was hoping that last year was an aberration, but I guess this is the new normal.  Too bad.  I find her performances to be very amusing.

• Members

But @KMan101, they have to pay for Manbun and Redzilla. After all, how would the show go on.

Seriously, they spent their budget for the NB at the $Dollar Store, what do you expect.

The only good thing about the Nurses Ball this year was more airtime for...

Please register in order to view this content

I like her energy...Dioni Michelle Collins as Nurse Deana

• Members

And they even had her, on-screen, go to Lucy who actually agreed to have her perform! Why go through all that and then not have her perform? And then to not have her at the ball or show her reacting to not being included? So stupid. And where in the hell is Lucas? I know Carnes is kind of busy doing other things but still. And Monica was a glaring omission, again. No Mac either. At least they included Felicia, who had like one or two lines.

And they brought Kim back only to have Robin give a video message? LOL

The only interesting performance was Ned's take on "Faith", and Soapsuds(Ron) I thought he sounded great

Why did Josslyn sing? Why was "Brave" centered on Emma and all the girls who never get any airtime as it is and are meh actresses?

They totally botched the ball this year.

At least Lynn looked fabulous.

I slightly enjoyed Ava/Carly/Sonny finally having their confrontation but the Morgan pill crap has been dragged out for so long it was like WHO CARES anymore? Maura West was great though. Laura Wright was good too.

• Members

I agree. If you are going to have KG on at all, then let the woman sing. If not, why hang on to this character? I like KG a lot, but I don't get it. Lucas needs to be on the damn show period. His absence is glaring and inexplicable.

• Members

KG would have put their collective performances to shame. After the embarrassingly awful performances of Brave and Modern Love. Irrelevant Valerie and Kristina were bad enough, but RPW's lip-synching and <shivers> Hayley Erin ...Ewwww.  Obrecht would have been much better than these acts.

Why was Kiki not the one burned up instead of Ava? Crispy Kiki Killed could have been a great headline, and we'd get to see Ava deal with it. Win-win for all. Instead MW will lie in a bed while we sit through Julian crying at her bedside with Kiki(who is a bad cryer).

Can't wait!

Archived