Y&R: May 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

I liked the set but hated the dialog. Since when does Devon brag about his money? Why did he tell Dina that Katherine left him "the bulk of her estate"? She wouldn't need to know the details of Katherine's will, or that he got more than the others. And Dina responds with something like, Kay giving him such an "immense inheritance" says a lot about Devon. And Devon later says Kay left the money to him because he's supposed to make a "phenomenal contribution to the world". So the reason Kay gave Devon more is because Kay thought was Devon was better than Brock/Mac & the Phillips?? And even Devon seems to think he got more because he's been ordained to do more.

What's the point of all that if not to demean Katherine's other relatives?  

-Brock- who devoted to his life to God and helping the poor wasn't making a phenomenal contribution to the world? -Chance- who volunteered to put his life on the line and go to war for his country wasn't making a phenomenal contribution to the world? -Mac- who gave her body to birth Lily's babies and help the victims of Katrina wasn't making a phenomenal contribution to the world?

Isn't Devon buying a company to make more money for himself? How the hell is that making a phenomenal contribution to the world?

Having hoards of female dayplayers go after Devon, giving him a fancy penthouse, or a jet, etc. etc. are all greats way to prop Devon and make him look important. But disparaging the part of Kay's family that came before him is not. Many of us watched them for decades. All of them were closer to Kay than Devon ever was. I don't think dissing them makes Devon look any better. It makes him look like an entitled ass.

Many of us liked those characters and don't think Devon is better than them.

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And I hated that they were meeting on the airplane. Dina doesn't have an office?

I want to see Dina show up at the Abbot house lounging at the pool with her associate shirtless in the pool as Jack and Ashley arrive from work!

• Members

The idea to make Hilary & Mariah frenemies was stupid because Y&R doesn't have enough viable young female characters for it to work.

They should be out having fun & being young not arguing over men like a couple of catty middle aged women ala Victoria & Phyllis.

But this show has forgotten how to write for female characters that isn't totally dependent on their relationships with men so the quad from hell will continue.

• Members

I noticed that too. It WAS a very cute moment. Mishael and Bryton look stunning together. She's a very good look for him. And as y'all know I'm a huge fan of his, but even I can admit that she upgrades him on the show as well.

Please register in order to view this content

Well, first of all this show doesn't know how to write frenemies. Their version just makes Hilary look bipolar. One segment she's decent the next she's biting Mariah's head off. 

• Members

oh cool.

We all know that Devon and Hilary will eventually get back together; Jordan and Mariah are rebounds. I would love if Leanna Love buys out Devon so she can get GC Buzz and turn it into her gossip talk show.

Hilary should be a media representative for Jabot Cosmetics or even Chancellor. I want Mariah to work at Newman Enterprises, I know she isn't Cassie, but I miss Mariah having scenes with Victor and Nick

• Members

I think the GC Buzz scenes make Mariah look as bad as Hilary -- or even worse.

WTF is up with Mariah constantly digging at Hilary about her relationship with Jordan being a rebound? Why would she do that? Why tell Hilary that Hilary really wants Devon back? It makes no sense.

Mariah's constant complaints about the show are annoying, too. Hilary OWNS the damn show and shouldn't put up with Mariah's mouth. Yeah, I know Devon exacted some stupid promise from Hilary to keep Mariah on the show, but that's ridiculous, too.

We've all seen women sniping at each other in real life and on Real Housewives. We know Mariah vs. Hilary fails on every level, and so does GC Buzz. No one would watch that crapfest of a show.

• Members

I was so happy to see the always beautiful Marla Adams as Dina again 

Please register in order to view this content

It is such a shame that Gina T is wasted playing Phyllis. Is there really that much story left for Phyllis? The same stories could have been told with her as Grace Turner and they would be a lot more fun.

I don't get how someone like Mariah wants to host an online gossip show. I don't get that about Hilary either. She was in the business world, all of the sudden she is doing something that would be Amber Moore's life ambition. 

• Members

And what's up with that ridiculous looking "The Hilary Hour" sign that looks like a 9th grader printed on their home computer and hung it on the set?!?!?   

GC Buzz in it's current incarnation isn't working.  But...it could work if they would make some changes that we've all mentioned here.  Leanna is definitely needed if they're going to continue down that road.  I could see Mariah continuing to work there if that happened, but Hilary needs to be moved to corporate life.  

Gorgeous.  

Mishael should be one of the prominently featured stars on this show.  They finally have a viable young leading lady and they're giving her crap to play.  Hell, I liked AC and the actor that played her brother (his name escapes me atm) and they wasted them too.  I know it was a different regime but how tragic.  

• Members

Redaric Williams. Gorgeous guy. Had real charisma and was able to pull off Malcolm clone far better than poor Darnell Kirkwood. Q

I know folks here love her and don't want to hear it but CG is a Mal Young pet. And he's doing what everyone does with pets. Putting her in a spot where he thinks she will be relevant and shine. Because of it, Hilary's story will suffer. Reminds me of what the show did with a few of Nick's lack luster pairings and Sharon. She was the heavy much like they've made Hilary the heavy to get folks to root for Mariah and Devon. He's hoping to launch CG as a young romantic lead.  

• Members

This!  

I've been saying for ages that the best use of Hilary's strategic mind would be making decisions for a corporate entity. People boo-hooed it when I mentioned that Chancellor would have been a fresher idea than Jabot or Newman because Jill and Hilary have great combative chemistry.  People thought I was trying to push a rivalry, I never used the word rivalry- if anything what I proposed is that Jill recognizes Hilary's talent but is wary of Hilary's ambition and trying to raise her stature at the expense of Jill's leadership role as the head of the company, while Hilary is wary of the possibility that Jill is trying to subvert her climb in the company and her growing importance. There would be so much rich material to plumb but Y&R doesn't seem interested in having a corporation headed by a woman really be a true competitor to Jabot and Newman. 

And please don't mention Victoria or Abby, for that matter. Abby was temporary, doesn't have the experience of Jill and BrashNSassy is a company, not a corporation.

Archived