Y&R: May 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

Yes, the nuclear plan. It's clear that Chloe was sedated - only the Dr. and the so-called EMTs declared her 'dead.' It was all too clean. I'll say this was the 3rd straight episode where everything worked, including the eerie shot of Chloe on the table. 

I hope there is a reversal from the plan to kill Dina - the Abbott family finally works again. And MA is just a joy to watch - if there was anyone who could fill that void left by JC, it's her. 

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Making Paul chief of police at GCPD was a poor decision for his character. Sure, it may have seemed like a good decision temporarily to try to have father and son work on the force but most of the mysteries and intrigue that happens in GC, Paul is excluded from because he has to remain within the law.

The Chloe/Adam stuff- Paul had to stay out of it because of his official capacity. (with Nick not wanting to implicate Victor)

The Scott rescue- again, Paul only had a marginal role (outside of the purview of Paul's local jurisdiction).

Even the drugs bust that happened in Miami seemed like a stretch but if Paul were a P.I. and he decided to pursue this case for personal reasons or whatever, the writers could have 'sold' the story. As it was, it was barely believable that the GCPD would get involved in that case.

Whereas, when Paul was a dectective, he would sometimes consult with his father at GCPD but there were many cases where he needed to be 'flexible' where the law was concerned- going undercover and infiltration.  

By the way, had Paul remained a P.I., Dylan could've easily worked with him on cases and consulted with the GCPD and Kevin could've worked in the exact same capacity.

I don't really see what purpose was really fulfilled in sticking Paul permanently behind the desk at GCPD.

• Members

Of course, Chloe isn't dead but what a way to start the summer storylines.  Suicide.  Aye..Sally is so off the mark.  Yes, there have been some nice Dina scenes but they are crowded out by the boring, the depressing, the inane...But can't wait for Nikki to go to the club and watch Reed perform on open mike night.  NOT

• Members

I enjoyed the Abbott  dinner. MA is great.  Of course she used the phrase "I'll never forget..." many times, remembered things from the long ago past.  Could be Alzheimers-early onset dementia. 

Add me to the no way Chloe is dead faction. 

JM looks better than he has in a while. The green shirt looks good on him. Boring-ass coupling though.

Enough with the punching bag, Grambo. 

I look forward to Juliet suing for "sexual harrassment" when she lost her job for her own f*ck up.

Paul should be shown leading the search for Chloe.

• Members

I really adored the Abbott dinner. Great interaction and Traci was present which is what everyone was wanting to see a few days ago. I got the feeling that maybe Dina maybe suffering from alzheimers or early demntia too. Hmmm

• Members

Eh, I like Ravi

Please register in order to view this content

I think they could dump Chapman (sorry!) and give Beth Maitland her episodes/airtime but I agree she could serve that purpose of giving advice. But even then no reason they can't have Chapman AND Maitland.

Where has Jess Walton been?

Very much agreed. It's limited Paul. I didn't like that they put him there. He instantly became moody and grumpy.

Archived