Y&R: May 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

I still think Graham is Dina's nurse/assistant.

Dina also had a stepdaughter, Danielle, who has never been seen. She was discussed back when Marc/Dina arrived in the 80s @FrenchFan has rich synopses from those days in the archives of the board. They really flesh out the stories.from parts of the seventies and most of the eighties.

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Say what you will about Keemo and whether or not you believe the rumors of Peter Bergman not wanting him back, they've mentioned him before in recent years so why not now? I can buy that ridiculous explanation for not bringing him back, but at the very least a story about a parent abandoning her children is not complete if you don't mention one of said children doing the same thing. They're trying to create parallels with Abby's conception and use it as a reason Jack picks relationships poorly, but the main parallel to Dina leaving is that Jack abandoned his son. Huge, huge glaring ommision in a story that already asks you to forget Dina ever appeared on the show. 

With that said I'm still enjoying the story for what it is. Everything just doesn't completely come together the way I'd like. The Chloe story is developing nicely and I don't mind if she dies I just hate they're taking Victor down such a dark path again so quickly after repairing that damage. It's obvious Sussman isn't in total control anymore because they're falling down those easy and safe traps just to get the story going. 

The story wifh the most promise for me is the Brash and Sassy stuff. I even find Victoria tolerable. I love the twist with Juliet getting fired and the one night stand with Cane is a juicy secret that'll be so much fun to watch play out. I never thought I'd say it but Cane and Lily are the highlight of Y&R for me lol. Keep him as Brad 2.0, keep her feuding with Hilary and I'm in. 

• Members

Is it bad that I was memontarily waiting for Victor Newman DiMera to pull a fast one and orchestrate a body switch? 🙈

Now I've settled (for now) on the fact that this walking and quacking like a duck seems like an actual duck, it'll be interesting to see how the reaction is handled. 

I've not been particularly down on the show, but I do agree with the fact that this month built to something pretty cohesive. Hopefully it doesn't fall apart at the drop of a hat going forward. 

Though I do wish stories would last a little longer. 

Archived