Y&R: May 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A little late to comment on them, but I don't dislike Charlie and Mattie. I think Charlie should have been Moses and Mattie could have been someone new. They're not too bad. But Reed, Charlie and Mattie should know each other. Their parents interact on a daily basis!

• Members

MM has long been a favorite, but she's really been bringing it since the Los Angeles scenes.   

Please register in order to view this content

Love her!

EH , contrary to those announcements, is still on contract as of last weeks' credits. Maybe she'll be around til Chipmunk hits the bricks.  Or outlast him???

The actor playing Dr. Harris, Ron Melendez,  was in the second year of GH:Night Shift. It's nice to see him on a soap again.

Remember when Memorial Day was celebrated on daytime? Now it's just another episode. No picnics like the good old days. 

• Members

@KMan101 Agree. Of the two, I like Mattie.

@slick jones I bet she outlast him.

Please register in order to view this content

In any case, she's been a good catylst since the almost wedding and I appreciated the writers doing that flashback to Victor catching her since I missed that episode and didn't know what he had done to Chloe.

Oh...and Cane vs Billy continues to be love. I liked watching them going after each other verbally today. Cane needed to have that smug look wiped off his face.

• Members

Yeah Scott is a complete [!@#$%^&*] now. I've never liked him but now I groan extra loud any time he pops up. For Lauren to be one of SSM's favorite characters she's given her and her legacy child nothing but floppage.

Hilary vs Lily >>>>>>>> Hilary vs Mariah. I'm loving this feud especially now that Devon and Neil aren't at the center.

Victoria's a miserable hag and Phyllis is definitely just being used here in attempt 525,000 to make Villy 4.0 work. Her desperation and neediness isn't out of character but its still obvious what the agenda here is, I'm guessing thats the only reason SSM even put Philly back together. Billy's line about him and Red being different people during the Restless Style days was funny though, ICWTDT lol

I actually feel bad for Juliet and hope she takes Cane & B&S to the cleaners

Chloe was such a controlled nutcase before so the switch is kind of jarring. I guess getting exposed and forced to be away from Bella is what did it but its still odd. Chick is still the most boring, chemistry less pairing currently on canvas.

• Members

Anyone doubting how much MM/CK LOVE their scenes is blind. Hilary/Lily sniping works, is believable based on history and the actors clearly enjoy it - The exactly opposite of Hilary/Cassiah. I hope that Julie Chen's 'advice' takes hold and Hilary/Mariah have a professional relationship.

The show has been significantly better starting in LA. I actually care about (most) of these stories and what will happen.

1. Kudos to hopefully extending out the Cane/Juliette S/L - don't make it a 3-week arc. The audience wants longer stories that have beats and twist.

2. Billy/Cane actually had some real bite to it. DG should embrace evil Cane - this could be the best thing that's happened to him in years

3. JT/GT clearly love working with each other. Bonus: GT backwards side glace at Victoria before a break. 

4. EH needs to stick around - even drugged up Chloe is intriguing. I hope when Adam recast happen, Chloe is off the hook and vindicated. Plus more EB/EH - just compare those scenes to Victor/Snot.

5. Yes to Abby calling out Scott on his Fenmore's silver spoon. (And it's not like Michael was ever poor.)

6. Thank you for returning the outdoors scenes. 

• Members

I only see like 2-3 episodes per year but I can say that this was easily the best episode I have seen in about 10 years. This show seems to have gotten its [!@#$%^&*] together. Writing, acting, and camera work are all improved. That episode held my attention really well. I think I will be checking in more frequently. 

• Members

They only seemed to revisit Lily vs. Hillary so they could use Hillary to be the one to expose the Cane affair. It's fitting and works but let's see how long it continues. I much prefer it to Hillary vs. Mariah though.

• Members

Mal young has not given up on Mariah being "elevated" by this triangle with Devon and Hilary. Go read the summer previews. It's just on hold now cause Hilary has more fun/important things to do than make Devon/Mariah interesting. 

Correct. Hilary is the heavy in this Cane and Lily drama cause she brings more buzz than Juliet alone. They need her to stir the pot. 

Scott and Nick rivalry? Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Juliet and Lily fit the bill. Both WOC. But they couldn't resist inserting Hilary to prop it. I think it's the buzz...and possibly the impending fight over Jordan. 

Archived