Y&R: May 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

@Taoboi I like the concept of bad Cane, but the circumstances don't warrant it. If Billy was making moves on Lily again, that would explain the sabotage, the Philly elevator nonsense (to expose Billy to Lily), etc. So he's hurting B&S - his paycheck - AND his wife's high profile campaign, the question is why. 

• Members

I like Cane being a little bad too. It's better than being the boring nice guy, or another love scene with Lily. I don't believe Cane wanted the sabotage to go as far as it did. He just wanted to hurt Billy, not B&S and the rest of them. But in his zeal to undermine Billy he didn't think it through very well.

I hope they wait until Jill's back before everyone finds out. She has thought of Cane as one of her sons for a long time, so I'm curious to know if this incident will change that. Or if it will cause friction between Jill & Colin, with each one taking their son's side.

• Members

I'm surprised Tracy only has two days.  I don't remember how she feels about her mother so I'm eager to know. And Tracy is the perfect person for Ashley and Jack to bounce their feelings off. Jack talking to Nikki, and Ashley speaking to Neil, is nice, but they can't get as raw as they would with their sister.

And the person who should have been sitting next to Graham when Dina came down to the bar should have been Jill, not Gloria. Dina doesn't even know Gloria, there was zero drama in that. Dina seeing Graham enjoy himself with someone she hated in the past, and Jill realizing she was drinking with Dina's "companion", could have been entertaining. 

• Members

It's necessary. I still don't think fans love this version of Billy enough for what the show wants him to be. They've thrown Cane all the way under the bus to achieve it. 

To the exclusion of everything else. I don't think Cane is that obsessed with Billy. And if he is, why? 

• Members

MAB threw Cane all the way under the bus by having him gaslight Lily. A little business sabotage gone wrong isn't as bad as some of the things Jack and Victor do to each other. Right now Jack's using Abby to get at Victor.

Cane and Billy have had a rivalry since Cane was thought to be Phillip Chancellor III. Cane/Philip was the the good son/grandson to Jill & Katherine, and Billy the screw up. Billy didn't appreciate Cane's superior attitude, and lost all respect when he found out Cane was impersonating Phillip. Cane feels Billy is a spoiled rich kid. I don't think Cane is obsessed with Billy or vise-versa. IMO it's the opposite, they want nothing to do with each other, they each find the other annoying. Working for the same company, competing with each other, brings out the worst in both of them.

DG should be careful about criticizing his writing, at least they are writing for him. Most writers ignored Cane, and MAB wanted him gone. Some actors like EB can get away with grumbling, but for the most part actors let their fans complain for them. DG has vocal fans he doesn't need to do it.

• Members

Jill and Traci aside, I LOVE the Dina story! I think they're hitting all the right beats with Abby, Ashley and Jack. I love the Mergeron story and the potential that has and also the potential for Dina long term. With that said, I'm too big of a Y&R fan to fall for this shyt. WE HAVE ALREADY SEEN THIS STORY! Had I not seen it and read about it okay, but knowing this is a remake of a story involving the same characters baffles me! Dina was on the show on contract for three years and came back multiple times since then. This makes no sense. Especially if they try to bring Ashley's paternity into it. Lastly, they better not be building up to kill her off which is what seems to happen every time they bring an older character back. 

Ive been mostly enjoying the show despite obvious network interference, but it's sad that the best story is just a retread of something Bill Bell already did. You know they know the history so I don't understand how this is the story they came up with. Dina doesn't even own Mergeron, Victor does. Wasn't Sussman around when that was written?! 

• Members

+1.

Y&R reverting him back into an amoral jerk suits him much better than them trying to make him into a bland antihero.

He's still a terrible character who should've never existed but at least he's not (that much of) a chore to watch right now.

Archived