Y&R: May 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Immediately, I start to wonder about this too. I wouldn't be opposed to this especially since Lane bores me to tears and Villy appear to lack chemistry (also, I keep imagining JT as Nick Newman, which gives me an unsettling feeling when seeing AH and JT visually presented as a couple).

• Members

I caught the scene on Tuesday (US) where Jack said something like 'we'd never abandon our children' to Ashley. Keemo and Kyle are having a good laugh.

10-1 Dina reveals Ashley is John's bio child, which would be a mistake. They didn't do tests and I don't recall a reason to test Ashley/Abby against Abbott blood. So, they'll reconcile similar to Neil/Victor and their mothers, a not so-subtle-hint already dropped. All this will be done within the next 3 weeks. 

One other thing: "Adam didn't suffer" because he didn't die. I was leaning to Chloe changing her mind and freeing Adam, which is why she kept ring, but I'm thinking this regime changed it to Victor knowing, which is why he let Chloe go. Even the threat of jail wouldn't stop Victor from dropping the hammer on the killer of one of his children. 

• Members

I caught that too and I immediately thought of Keemo and wanted to guffaw. Were the writers intentionally trying to show up Jack as a hypocrite? Or are they that clueless that they would believe that we simply wouldn't remember?!

Please register in order to view this content

They wouldn't have to be a forever couple, especially seeing that most of the current couples on the canvas are only temporary and lack staying power anyway.

If it could be written in a way that we're never sure whether Cane really cares or is trying to 'climb the ladder' and maybe make partner or grab more of BNS for himself and is using Victoria to get it. Perhaps for Victoria, he's a rebound and a relationship of convenience.

To be honest, the real interest would be the relationship between Lily and Cane/Victoria with Lily and Cane's children, who now look like they could be headed to college (I know they're still young teens now).

I realize that none of Y&R's recent writing regimes seem capable of pulling off this type of storyline and imbuing it with any degree of complexity but what else do they have?  Another godawful triangle??  

These characters/actors don't look to be going anywhere so might as well try to do something with them. More middle of the day couch sex for Cane and Lily ain't gonna cut it.

• Members

I've never cared for Cane. He was a con artist and his story should've ended there. Instead for some reason TPTB thought he was good enough to keep. IMO he should have been gone years ago. Nothing I have seen after all these years has changed my mind.

• Members

You see what they did with just an affair Phylis & Nick. They made them into something that destroy both characters.

Cane &  Lily finally breaks up because he slept with Victoria. While Maddie or whatever Lily & Cane child name is dating Victoria son. CkLily needs the biggest L. Lily going to teach her daughter how to be desperate for the white men. 

• Members

Of course, in my imagination, this would all play out after Cane and Juliet's alleged tryst (or was it?) explodes out into the open (unwittingly by Cane, of course).

The writers seem to be currently building a rapport between Lily and Juliet, which would actually put something at stake for Juliet when the secret comes out (or what she has led Cane to believe is a secret) if she has come to care for Lily as a friend.

Wouldn't it be something if Juliet tries to protest that it's actually not true but neither Lily nor Cane believe it?

Please register in order to view this content

Given Victoria's history, I don't see her sleeping with Cane while he's still with Lily. Not only does Victoria seem pretty rigid against women being with married men (her treatment of Ashley and Sharon) but it would be catastrophic for her business as Lily has a high-profile role in BrashNSassy.

Archived