Y&R: May 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, I hate to say it, but I have liked Phyllis/Billy/Victoria this week. At least there is some moment and that cliffhanger today was pretty good.

Liked the Hillary/Chen scenes as well. And loved how insight it seemed. Plus MM looked fierce. Also loved her talk with Phyllis. They have a nice frenemy vibe.

I continue to like the Dina story and I want to see where it goes.

• Members

Age has nothing to do with it.

It's plausible with good actresses. Hillary is Jack's friend. Phyllis hurt Jack so naturally Hillary is being ride or die. However neither are saints so they see right through each other. So a kinship in spite of themselves.

• Members

It's not plausible.

The only reason Y&R has them in each other's orbit is because Phyllis has no friends other than (however inexplicably) Lauren (who Y&R rarely uses) & because Hilary has no friends.at all. 

It would be like if Y&R randomly made Jill & Abby or Christine & Chelsea friends all of the sudden.

• Members

Long as it doesn't result in Hilary having to lay under liver spotted Jack, I don't mind. 

However, I agree with @deedee. Phyllis seems a bit too old for Hilary. Grandparents don't need to hang with the 20 somethings  unless it's in a mentoring role.  The young adult set needs Hilary to lead it. They don't have much without her (and Lily) it seems. 

Archived