Y&R: May 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

I've noticed that too over the last few weeks.  I actually liked the "location" shots today, with the exception of DG.  And the ending provided a reason to tune in tomorrow with Dina and Ashley.  Yes, it's a retcon but it's still interesting to me to see what happens.

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I noticed it too with Abby and Devon being the focus of business stories. I thought Neil would be centered in the Winters Hamilton business but it's being told from devon's POV. Neil is his supporting.  I'm legit shocked. 

You know, Cane has finally become interesting. Lol  I think it was smart to use him this way in Brash and Sassy. 

And make more sense. The show wouldn't need to go to such lengths to explain why Devon is with her either. As things stand, they've had demonize Hilary and paint Mariah as "better"  to make it feasible.  Abby wouldn't be after his money cause she's rich in her own right so they wouldn't have to pretend she's a saint so we won't see her as a golddigger.  Plus Devon and Abby are truly old friends. They wouldn't have to gas light me with dialogue like they are doing with Devon and Mariah when they are painted as such great long time friends either. With Abby, it'd all be true. She's also more Devon and Hilary's equal. 

• Members

+1.

Nikki & Tessa have potential as Ashley & Ravi once did but a lot of their success depends on the character arc.

If Tessa's arc is about her conning the Newmans and feeling guilty for taking advantage of Nikki later, it's cliche and unnecessary.

If it's about Nikki honoring her relationship with Katherine by taking a chance on a spunky young woman who encourages her to double down on her own blue collar roots then it could actually be a story worth investing in.

• Members

And I think it's horrible and hate it....LOL

Nikki needs a business story where she takes over Newman and unseats Victor a la Alexis vs Blake.

The obvious dumb down of Nikki in the Tessa story is unbearable to watch.

• Members

I do too. I thought that's where they were going, when Lauren pissed off Jill by not consulting her about selling part of Fenmore's. With Jack owning 49%, and Jill owning 25.5%, they could have teamed up and ran things their way. Would have been a perfect set-up for when Dina arrived too, given she & Jill hate each other.

Instead they have Gloria, whose only purpose seems to be referring the sexual activities she & Jack have behind closed doors. Not only is it gross, it's getting old. I'd rather see Lauren & Jill in the story than Gloria. Gloria had no purpose in GC.

But if all this cost cutting is going on maybe it's because JC is cheaper than TEB and JW. If that's the case they shouldn't even bother with anyone. It's boring enough to watch all these newbies, if I don't get ever get my favorites there is no reason for me to watch anymore. I don't need substitute older characters.

Archived