Y&R: May 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

There have actually been four Mac's (Ashley Bashioum,Kelly Kruger, Rachel Kimsey, and Clementine Ford). AshBash was the only one I cared for, but even she wasn't the greatest. Beau Kazer has passed, so Brock won't return. As for Philip (Thom Bierdz), the show has shown for years their disdain for a gay man on canvas. That leaves Chance, who should have returned years ago. Nina (Tricia Cast) has long been a favorite of mine, and I would much rather see her with Paul than the "Bug":. Jess Walton doesn't appear as frequently because she enjoys spending time with her family. 

There is only so much room on the canvas, and while some of the dead weight needs to go (ahem, (/yawn)Cane, Chelsea) Drop Nick,Michael  to recurring. Free up a little budget money for Chance and Nina, I'd be good with their return to the Chancellor house.  As for Devon, people need to stop complaining that he's replacing any of the other members of the family. He's been on for 15+ years, and most of them he languished on the sidelines while the likes of Ronan (awful), Ricky (yuck!) and the Bummer (Summer) show. Avery(and that flippin cooking show/lawyer schtick)  Dr. Anderson, and Dullan. Now that he is finally given the chance to be a leading man, he gets bashed.   Someone  ON CANVAS  had  to inherit the money. That's Devon.  Let it go....

searching  for Chelsea fans

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jess Walton did ask for a couple weeks off around her upcoming granddaughter's birth. But she just did an interview with Michael Fairman (at the Emmys) and she said she's up for whatever Y&R wants her for.  She's not the cause of them not writing for Jill.  http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/the-young-and-the-restless/jess-walton-interview-the-young-and-the-restless-44th-annual-daytime-emmys-red-carpet/2017/05/06/

Having gay characters is more common now than it was a few years ago. Y&R shouldn't let MAB's stupid story stop them from giving it another try. So what if there is disdain from someone in TPTB, it doesn't mean we should give up asking. Sooner or later they will be overruled. Fans got Cane back after they murdered him, so they do change their minds.

I loved Thom Bierdz as the young Phillip. His quiet innocence was perfection in between those fighting barracudas. But he you could tell he didn't keep up his craft when he returned under MAB. I was excited when I heard he was returning, but it wasn't good. I would recast him about 15 years younger (UN-SORAS) like they did with Phyllis.

• Members

Who told you that? It wasn't me. All I wrote was " Chelsea fans don't want her to lose Chelsea 2.0 the overnight success." There was nothing about "many" or "legions", but carry on making fun of your own exaggeration. I guess there aren't more than two of them.

• Members

Well, I like her well enough or maybe I just like MCE. However, Chelsea is like that college bf you keep dating because they have potential. Then eventually you have to admit unrealized potential is the same as no potential at all. I'm at that point where she isn't adding anything to the show, so I wouldn't be upset if they dropped her.

• Members

I enjoyed MCE on AMC and I do think as Chelsea, she had chemistry with JH's Adam but for the most part, I could take or leave the character and I especially found Chelsea to be superfluous when Chloe was around. Because of Chloe's ties, if it were a choice, I would never have written Chloe into such a corner, I'd keep her and send Chelsea packing. JMO, as I've often said in my posts.

• Members

To both posters directly above - thanks for this, because I have sporadically been watching but I was a little confused at all the anger over Dina....I didn't remember such hatred for her and I thought there was a whole forgiveness thing with her.  Now all this hate - I didn't get it. 

• Members

None of the kids have really forgiven Dina but they have managed to be fairly civil to her for decades whenever she's around (with Ashley always remaining the most hostile).

But because soaps act like characters drop off the side of the Earth when they exit a show and feeling it necessary to give current viewers history 'refresher courses' everyone onscreen must act like Dina is Satan.

• Members

That would've been during Dina's 1996 return if I'm not mistaken. After that she came back in 2008 to attend Katherine's "funeral" but that was it.

Halfway through May Sweeps and there's still so much garbage time.

Archived