Y&R: May 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not blaming Neil, I blame the writer's or TPTB. MAB is the one who started limiting Jill's story, but she is long gone now. Katherine is gone now too, so there should be plenty of room for Jill  to have a little story. IMO TPTB didn't want Jill, or Devon, to have a company and that's why they gave CI to Victor. Sally has come along and opened it up for Devon, but not Jill. I'm saying there's no reason they both can't exist.

The writers, are relating them. Twice now Dina has insinuated since Kay left Devon the lion's share of her fortune that she must have had greatest trust in him. Well what does that say about the others? Kay didn't trust any of them as much? Why is it necessary to disparage Katherine's other relatives in order to build Devon up? Why would this even be in the dialog if they weren't choosing one over another?

• Members

One day, on this board, we're all going to hear from Chelsea's legions of fans and we'll all faint from the shock of it.  Just last night, I was told she has many fans, you know.

I guess we all have to know where to look. Now where's my microscope?

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Of course they are related. Because without Katherine start up money, Neil will be begging Newman or Abbotts for a job. Now he doesn't have to do that until the next writers comes along.

But he's not a blood relative, but I'm happy he bringing Neil along because he respect him as if he was blood.

• Members

No it's not, Devon is now a relative of Katherines, he's carrying on the Tucker side of her family. Jill carries on the Chancellor side, and her lifelong relationship with the Reynold's side and Kay. If Kevin was chosen to be Kay's son it would be the same situation.

Who's picking on who? I'm fine with Devon/Neil existing, but there's no support for Jill doing so.

Adam and Dylan's relationship with the Newmans is different than that of Nick & Victoria's. They have different mothers or fathers. Dylan wasn't considered a Newman because he was Nikki's child. Why is Devon different?

Devon has lot's of names, Hamilton, Winters, McCall, Henricks, and Harmony's last name.  Why would Chancellor be the most important to Devon? It was important to Kay because she loved and fought Jill for the man & maybe cuz she killed him. It was important to the Philips because that was their father/grandfather. And Jill because she loved him and had his child. It 's Katherine's married name but it's not like Devon was closer than her than he was with Tucker.

• Members

Of course, I know that. I remember on another soap board I used to frequent years ago, people used to call her a rapist. They clearly hated her. Chelsea's popularity picked up when Chelsea was paired with Adam and that popularity peaked when MCE was paired with JH.  It says a lot that Chelsea is supposed to be with Nick but

• Members

Yes she is Adam's wife. Many of her fans on twitter have been asking for a Adam recast since he left. There is a place she has many fans I think it's Daytime Dish.

I also think TPTB have an interest in MCE. They were pushing promo pics of Chelsea and Avery on each side of Victor for years under JFP.

• Members

Chelsea and Nick get very little play. I don't think anyone involved with the show is enamored of that but JM. And he only wanted it cause of Chelsea and Adam's popularity and was hoping it give him some buzz. 

With respect to the spoiler, I had heard that. Wonder if it'll work for the 3rd time? I smell a disaster coming. 

Chelsea also has many haters on DD. But then that place trolls anything regular posters like.

Avery is long gone. I don't think tptbs feelings for Chelsea can be gauged by that promo.  

Mo, I can't tell whether you're being sarcastic or not. 

• Members

I' am being sarcastic! I'm tired of the same people complaining about Devon & that damn money. When other people just get pregnant or get somebody pregnant in a rich family. I never hear these people calling out they should get a degree. 

Chelesa got pregnant by Billy, Believe & Then gotten pregnant by Adam. Where her education?

Archived