Y&R: May 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ravi and Ashley, and Phyllis interacting with Ravi (almost being a mentor/coach) is really the only storyline I'm interested in.  Victor/Nikki - blah.  Today when Victor said something like "how can you turn your back on me?"  I threw up in my mouth a little bit and put their scenes on mute.  Ashley's reaction to the Jack/Gloria thing was funny.  Everything else has been so ho/hum.  The back and forth with Hillary first trying to pretend she's 'befriending' Mariah, only to screw her over repeatedly has become stale.  And it's odd to me, but since I started watching regularly again about 3 years ago - I don't get the magic of Devon.  He's so dull to me - I just don't care. 

• Members

The Victor/Chloe flashbacks were horrible.

Sally sure was laying it thick with Dina. Didn't she have an ok/decent relationship with her kids? I don't recall.

No Dina yet? Damn SOD for getting her first airdate wrong!

Poor Bella....a loon for a mother...a serial killer gay dad and a witch for a grandma.....she has no chance

Cane needs to go away....can't stand him.

• Members

Yep. It's a total retcon.

Out of the Abbott siblings Ashley was the one with the most overt issues with Dina (for good reason).

Traci & Jack's relationships with Dina were way more ambivalent (especially once Dina initially returned to the family).

• Members

I thought they had made peace when she visited before. Now they are bringing up their childhood and none of their recent stuff. And again nothing from Sally where Dina is concerned and in one episode she totally trashes her and almost the whole show is about her. She had plenty of months to lay out her return and she does it in one episode...horrible. 

Same for the Victor and Chloe stuff. They could have shown that in real time and not in 2 second flashbacks...again horrible.

• Members

That's the first thing I thought of, I'd be a classic Victor move. Victor hates Billy so much he would do it just for spite. Also to "protect" Victoria from having to co-parent Chloe & Billy's child with her own. And it's not in him to care about how that affects, Bella, Kevin or Chloe.

Another grandchild Jill won't get to see.

Archived