• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Next thing you know, Roseanne will be blaming SON, lol.

But seriously.  It's just too ridiculous how she refuses to accept responsibility and move on.  It isn't as if getting dumped by the network has left her penniless.  She could quit everything at this point, go back to her farm in Hawaii (or whatever) and spend the rest of her days in peace and comfort.  Not everybody has that luxury, you know?  So, what the hell is she still bitching about?

• Members

It's nice people are saying she deserves as much as John/Laurie/Sara, but I think even she probably knows that is never happening. She has been just terrific on the Conners, a real touchstone in my opinion, so I'm glad she got some recognition for it in her salary. 

I'm kind of sad that DJ won't be appearing in all episodes, even though he didn't last season anyway. I wonder if his wife and daughter will also be phased out. 

I saw one article that didn't even list him as one of the actors (they listed Ames McNamara but not him). He's never going to be able to headline, but he really does work so well with Lecy, Sara and John. I hope that won't be forgotten.

I had to laugh when I saw people still in comments sections talking about how season 2 will be the last and people will now move on because the curiosity is gone and blah blah blah. Yes, ratings will fall, that's only natural, but people have been saying the damn show was going to be canceled since before the first episode even aired. Have some dignity already.

• Members

I haven't watched any of The Conners episodes. It is too painful for me.

I am still not fully comfortable with what happened and never will be. I wish we could be more nuanced as a society. When Roseanne says in the quoted article, "They're taking my show from me" I feel for her, because she expressed the exact same sentiment in the 90s. It was true then and it was true now. And yeah, I am kind of mad at Sara Gilbert. Roseanne had the energy to fight the network in the 90s, and didn't anymore. Sara promised she would and didn't deliver. I can feel for Sara, because Roseanne was not exactly stable, but Sara knew that going in. What Sara didn't know was that Roseanne had to fight the network when Sara was a kid and hid that from Sara. IDK. I am not cool with Sara Gilbert becoming famous off of Roseanne and then instantly dropping her.

Only there wasn't twitter then in the 90s. We all can agree the original series was terrific. But if there had been twitter then, would it have been? Roseanne was as batshit crazy then as she is now, but fought the network, and won. Because there wasn't twitter for her to show her insanity.

I'm extremely torn. I hope Roseanne's reputation will be rehabilitated at some point. I do think she has a brilliant creative mind and is a brilliant writer, and is not a racist. She just couldn't make it in these somewhat ridiculous times.

And when her daughter told her, "You did that on purpose," there is also a kernel of truth to that. Roseanne is a self-saboteur and always has been. I know it seems like I am making excuses for her, and I also am, and admit that, but she is way more complex than these black or white times give her credit for. It's still so unfortunate. IDK. It saddens me. She is an artist and always will be. It is a shame that her art will be tarnished just because she is imperfect. If we start demanding artists be perfect what kind of art will we get? IDK.

I may not be rational on this subject and I admit that. I am extremely upset by what happened and always will be. To me, this was the corporate fist crushing Roseanne. The corporate fist that tried and failed to crush her in the 90s and easily succeeded in our era. I hate it.

Edited by juppiter

• Members

Yes she did. She cut for Roseanne before, during and after the revival until she couldn't anymore. What was she supposed to do? Defend Roseanne's overt bigotry?

Bullshit. Everyone knew that on the original show and has discussed it at length over thirty years, Sara included. Until 2018, every member of the cast sided with Roseanne every time. In 2018, they all didn't.

Instantly? You mean in 1989?

I think that's true. I also think she's very ill. And I think it's sad. But I don't pity her, because she chose this. She made this the end of her television legacy. In doing so she has blotted out those nuances of her life and character, probably for a number of years to come. It's tragic, because she can be brilliant and because this is all her worst nightmare from all those years ago come to life. But it is what she did to herself and after a certain point it's inexcusable.

Nobody in ABC corporate made Roseanne tweet racist shít for years and on the job at ABC in 2018. She chose to call Valerie Jarrett an ape. She did it to herself. She did it every single time.

Edited by Vee