dragonflies

"The Conners" Discussion Thread

I think the actress is fine. She just hasn't had much material beyond jokes which I feel she's delivered well. She is simply a very new character in a 30-year ensemble that has had to completely rebuild its show and group dynamics from scratch, so digging deep into Geena is not their first priority, which is fine. But they will need to go deeper into her soon or next season.

No thoughts on the odd lesbian storyline (I still don't know if their acting is meant to just be a fit with the sometimes incredibly low energy acting that is a Roseanne show trademark or if they're just bad...)

I do like Crystal coming in for guest spots.  I do think once Crystal was phased out in the 5th season that the quirky/pathetic soul role went to both Nancy and Jackie.

And I was one of the few that never liked Darlene with David.  They worked as first loves, but not in the sense of being end game.

Another ep with Geena getting one line. DJ was in the kitchen and didn't even speak!

I found the treatment of the lesbian couple a little odd. They didn't come across as very likeable to me and the whole' we want your baby thing' came off as cold and businesslike.

They just baffle me in general--the acting style of the more butch lesbian (if that is a style) and everything.  I suppose it allowed us to see how seriously Becky was scared to have her baby, but...

So Peg Bundy and Dan Conner are supposed to be the same age? She's definitely holding up better...

Was that a one-off by Katey?

I don't think Dan should be having any romance this season.Way too soon.

The Jackie story was so ridiculous it was funny and everything else was humming along nicely.

And no DJ and Geena!

1 minute ago, Paul Raven said:

So Peg Bundy and Dan Conner are supposed to be the same age? She's definitely holding up better...

Was that a one-off by Katey?

I think she will be appearing in future episodes after the new year.