"The Conners" Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The Conners is outperforming the rest of ABC’s Tuesday lineup by a lot. It was ABC’s only non-fractional show last night with a 1.4.

It was fourth amongst all network programming behind This Is Us (2.0), a CBS rebroadcast of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (1.7), and The Voice (1.5).

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/the-sked-tuesday-network-scorecard-11-27-2018.html

• Members

I'm still seeing people spreading rumors the show has already been canceled and spamming comment sections anywhere and everywhere. It's so dispiriting. The show certainly has flaws but overall I have enjoyed this season and I hope they get another. The Becky story has had some great moments for Lecy Goranson (and I'm glad the somewhat offputting adoption angle with the guest star lesbians is already over). I loved getting to see Crystal again too. I never thought I'd be saying that in 2018. 

• Members

Me too.  I admit, it's all about the nostalgia of seeing these actors and characters again for me. I would no sooner be a fresh viewer to Roseanne than I would to Y&R, but I don't think that means these shows are bad.  They have something to offer or they wouldn't be around. We all know these networks have no mercy if the ratings aren't there.

• Members

I stand by my statement that Geena and the kid are superfluous. Up against Lecy, Laurie and Sara is a tough gig and the writers are obviously not interested in developing that character. the actress is giving me no spark.

Geena no investment in anything that is going on and no point of view. On paper the character might have sounded interesting but she hasn't brought it to life.

The actress/character belongs in another sitcom.