"The Conners" Discussion Thread

• Members

Perhaps their creative teams just weren't that good. Roddenberry had no issue cranking out 29, then 26, then 24... which ended up being the standard for a season all through the 70's. I think the Conners is a good, watchable show. Will it last? Who knows, They went on for a while with Valerie Harper in the Hogan Family.  Roseanne has always been a loose cannon, and yes, I understand she may have been under the influence of medication,  and I seriously would not think Valerie Jarrett is black by looking at her (She's just partly).... but why would her outbursts surprise anyone? After all, she was in a mental institution for a while in the 60's!  Tom Arnold has said himself that she was NOT like that when they were married, and it obviously points to some serious mental illness issues as far as he's concerned. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I didn't think Dungey was the right fit, personally, and it has nothing to do with the Roseanne firing. ABC has struggled under her almost from the start. I also think it looked bad for her that LMS (Last Man Standing) remains a solid hit on another network ... (kind of ironic in a way because I remember so many critics and even fans on other places where you can make comments bashing LMS and basically writing it off and wondering why ABC kept renewing it. And then all of sudden everyone was outraged when it was cancelled ...)

Edited by KMan101