"The Conners" Discussion Thread

• Members

I'm glad to hear it is a good episode. I may give it a try now that Barr is gone. I know the ratings are going to crash but I hope it does well as I think TV needs shows like Roseanne, probably more than ever. 

(I'm not sure I will ever be able to not call it Roseanne) 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The reviews are shockingly pretty solid. I don't know about the numbers, but I will watch.

I will say I do think Season 10 should be watched as background on the new family members, etc. especially Mark, but that's me.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Wrapping up Season 10 on a site which shall not be named on the eve of The Conners:

• Jackie telling the kids 'ghosting stories' about men at the spooky sleepover as they wait to skype with D.J.'s wife at 2 AM from Afghanistan is peak Jackie in a way that they haven't done without Barney Fife crap in a long time. I cackled. Again, this is good Jackie work the same way Jackie with Bev in the prior episode was.
  • D.J. and Dan talking about his struggle with the VA, PTSD, etc. was surprisingly good from Fishman. I loved how he said he'd been watching Dan work on bikes since he was five and Dan offered to have him help restore bikes. "Welcome to Conner & Son."
  • The neighbor answering the door with a bat just after Jackie took Roseanne's was great. "Nice work, Jackie."
  • Pleased to hear the Al-Harazis will continue to recur as the newest set of Conner neighbors. The dynamics worked, including the scene in the store with Roseanne using her EBT card to cover Fatima's. It's sad that'll be one of the last glimpse we had of the decent Roseanne Conner.
Edited by Vee

• Members

The whole opioid episode is as good as anything from classic Roseanne. And the B-plot with Becky, Darlene and who will get Crystal's full benefits job was handled really maturely. Lecy also got some good one-liners. "You don't have to thank me. I didn't want to leave here anyway. We just got cream-filled churros. It's an exciting time." Darlene giving her the brochures for adult education and a hotel management degree is the most this show has given a shït about Becky in a long time - I loved that.