"The Conners" Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I hadn't seen her in a while, aside from an occasional statement she makes that gets noticed. She looks about the same as she has for a long time. I always forget she and Johnny were in that Vacation movie as the kids were kind of superfluous by that time. I wonder if he had a hand in her casting. 

Johnny seems to really fit Roseanne (or The Conners as it is now called) even after all these years. I'd say more than he did on BBT. 

• Members

I thought they handled the David/Darlene issue very well in Season 10 given his other commitments, and it was clear they were setting JG up to recur. I'm happy that's continuing. (Now if I could only find a place to watch the rest of the season in HQ...)

• Members

She was likely overmedicating, so it's not out of the realm of reality she'd overdose and die (she also can't be super healthy). I'll have to see how it's handled. I can understand why she'd be offended but it's something she'd do herself though, IMO. LOL. I imagine it would have continued this season. They clearly wanted to tell an addiction story.

I like that she'll be a regular. Looks like good casting.

And I love Juliette Lewis playing David's girlfriend Blue. Absolutely perfect casting.

And I agree with you @DRW50 about Galecki. He always felt out of place to me on BBT, personally. And he became grumpy on-screen, imo. He was much better and felt more at home on Roseanne.

• Members

I am looking forward to this. I watched the first episode of season 10, but Roseanne's deplorable antics ultimately made me decide not to stick with it. I'm excited that the rest of the cast is getting this shot, and I will definitely be supporting them! 

As for Roseanne's cause of death - I'm not mad! I expected she'd die during surgery but this death isn't out of left field. It will all boil down to how they approach it, IMO.

• Members

The lovely Aisha Tyler was back on The Talk today and I saw the first minute or two, where they plugged the People cover story/interview with John, Laurie and Sara. They then cut to Sara and it really would break your heart - she looked so crushed inside. This year has turned into such a hell for her I don't know how she copes.