"The Conners" Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

"Our Rhoda" being fired from any series was just too traumatic for many to accept.

Please register in order to view this content

From the TVLine article posted by John:

7. Now playing the role of Roseanne Conner is… Christopher Plummer.

YES.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Comparing an ahole like Roseanne to a monster like Kevin Spacey is apples and oranges, in my opinion. 

That said, I think it’d be hilarious to get Plummer in a cameo as the doctor breaking the news to Dan and family that Roseanne didn’t make it through her knee surgery due to complications.

Edited by katie_9918

• Members

A bit more from that podcast. Remorse mixed with self-pitying and rationalizing.

I frankly don't think Roseanne is stable enough to ever acknowledge her own learned bigotry. I think she truly believes what she's saying and even feels remorse, but I also think she'd impulsively turn around a few weeks from now and say some other bigoted shít without a thought because the person of color she slammed wasn't someone she knew or was close to. It's the rule most racists develop for black people or people of color - 'the good ones' and then everyone else. That's the compartmentalization in her mind. She transformed into a habitual bigot over a period of years.

Do I think real psychiatric help could help her, maybe, but Roseanne's had a lot of shrinks. She also suffered brain damage. And as many have said, mental illness does not equal racism. But racism can come to the fore or be exacerbated through mental illness.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Better yet, get Dann Florek, who played the doctor when young Darlene had appendicitis AND when Harris suffered complications from her birth, to play him.  That way, fans can speculate endlessly whether Roseanne's death isn't just part of some fictional, parallel universe within the show's reality.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Did she?

Yeah, you're right.  Florek played the principal when Becky was suspended for (allegedly) flipping the bird in her class picture.

Nevertheless, he did make than one appearance on the show, so the fans would still have a field day if he were to appear again as the doctor.  ESPECIALLY if he appeared as Harris' doctor in the final season, which has been dismissed as part of Roseanne's imagination.  ("Maybe she's only IMAGINING how the family would cope with her being gone!")

Meanwhile, Pam Ewing awakens from a long night's rest to find none other than Rosey in her shower.

Edited by Khan