"The Conners" Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I actually thought Lecy looked about the same, aside from the unfortunate Spike-of-BTVS-fame haircut.

How telling that the entirety of it was from the show's early years (although I think you could have gotten stuff in from up to about season 5 - 6 at a push). I can't really see Roseanne making that type of show again though.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Lecy looks great, quit hatin' Ron

Please register in order to view this content

I noticed that too, it focused a lot on the first 6 seasons (it actually shows a lot of 5 and 6... "Dad is dead!"... smoking pot, the lesbian kiss, etc) and only had one from season seven (DJ kissing his black schoolmate). None from 8 or 9. 

I hope the reboot isn't heavy on the politics or heavy on the nasty (her humor got bitter seasons 7-9). 

• Members

Dammit. I need to finally watch the show.

That would probably be the smart way to go. Either before the first episode or the week before, do a retrospective that (re)introduces the original show and then (hopefully) take off with the revival.

• Members

I hope they dialed back Roseanne on show of her ideas like Dan faking his death.  Just pretend it didn't happen, they didn't kill Dan off until the very end of the final episode or switching Becky and Darlene's partners.