"The Conners" Discussion Thread

• Members

But I wouldn't exactly call that show a quality shoe.  It had a mean spiritedness to it but maybe that's what constitutes as funny nowadays.

Since Harris is coming from Chicago to Lanford, I'm wondering why unless she had to quit college because one or both of her parents were laid off.  

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Harris should be 20 in 2017 I believe. I don't love they're de-aging her but I sort of get it. Harris fills the 'Darlene' role, Mark fills the 'DJ' role.

I'm curious what ages Andy and Jerry (I disliked so much they named their kid Jerry Garcia, sorry) will be and how they're used and what their relationship will be like. I sort of imagine a Roseanne/Jackie relationship between them.

People have seemed more interested in Darlene's kids and I haven't really seen anything mentioned of Andy or Jerry.

I also have to agree I hope we don't get the 'mean-spirited' tone the show developed around Seasons 5/6/7.

And for what it's worth, I thought 2 Broke Girls was terrible for the most part. The actresses are talented but it was nothing but one-liners back and forth, I don't know, it was hollow to me.

• Members

I have to admit I'm feeling apprehensive. I just don't know that I trust Roseanne LOL. Will and Grace picked up like no time had passed and it was the same show. I don't know that Roseanne can recapture that like W&G and Fuller House have. I mean, I hope they do but I'm becoming wary and apprehensive for some reason. I think I'm just having a hard time separating Roseanne herself from what Roseanne should be.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Lecy looks great.

I'm very happy this is happening - I always wanted the show to get a better ending. I just hope it isn't full latter-day Roseanne at her worst and most uninhibited. I know some of the past creatives are back, and I hope they can mitigate her self-sabotage that wrecked the show's final year or two. When she's stable and working with a good team she can do great work.

• Members

Aw, the Roseanne set is back!

Please register in order to view this content

Warms my heart I think (hope!) we'll get a softer, better side of Roseanne, similar to seasons 1-5 Roseanne. Hopefully, Darlene won't be too negatively sarcastic either, and Jackie won't be too oafish as she was during the final 3 seasons. 

Still no word on Johnny Galecki...?