"The Conners" Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'm thinking less reliance on p olitics might be a good idea for next season the more I think about it.  While I think it is important to be realistic and reflect the real world, I also think that sometimes they crammed too much into each episode so that nothing got too much focus/development.

With that said, I'm hoping for a Halloween episode (those were always the best).. and maybe a Thanksgiving episode (where the fur always flew LOL)

• Members

But they haven't really broached politics since the first episode. The fans are making it political, but it really isn't.

The first two episodes were great. Episode 3 was meh. But they've hit their stride again with the last few episodes and I hope they keep on this track.

I think we'll get a Halloween episode. Roseanne mentioned it first thing when they were renewed for Season 2, and they'll be on in the fall so there's hope! *crossing fingers*

I agree they try to cram too much in sometimes but I'd rather see most of the cast than just a few (although I realize you're talking about the topics they deal with and I agree they may be trying to do too much but they only thought they had 9 episodes so I get it, we'll see what they do next season with a few more episodes of breathing room; I think 13 is best. I don't need 22 episodes with half of them being filler episodes).

But I think they can find a good balance. I really don't think the show is very political at all. I like it broaching real topics and making us laugh about them and talk about them. We're so worried about offending each other that we don't talk about things we should be talking about. (Just in general, not saying here, of course, lol, but everyone is so quick to be offended or take something the wrong way, etc.)

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I hope next season will help fill in the gaps of the last 20 years, such as Andy, Jerry, The Lunchbox, Leon, etc. 

Another thing about Crystal which was pretty much forgotten about except for that one episode in season 6 - she is married to Dan's father. I'm assuming Ed died in the last 20 years.

I always thought it strange when Dan mentioned "I haven't spoken to my dad in 2 years," at Darlene/David's wedding, when Ed was supposedly living right there in Lanford with Crystal since they got married. 

Side note: I wonder how Crystal's son Lonny turned out? 

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members

Oh, really?  Well, then, I stand corrected!

Please register in order to view this content

But seriously.  I lost patience with Roseanne's antics a long time ago, so there was no way in Hell I was going to watch the revival.  I'm just glad that her comment finally proves what I've always suspected about the woman, despite her insistence to the contrary.

Edited by Khan