"The Conners" Discussion Thread

• Members

However it turns out I'll just be happy to see them all again. At its best it was one of the best sitcoms in TV history. And it is more relevant today, for better and worse. It can't turn out worse than the lottery season.

(Thank God that awful vocal theme is gone)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'm sure they'll both play a substantial role. I think the reason why we're seeing so much of Sara and Roseanne (at least in the beginning stages) is because they're both also producers on this reboot -  it was Sara who got everyone together and got this project off the ground. So they both probably have a vested interest in the creative and financial ends as well. 

I agree that everyone looks happy to be doing this, and (other than maybe Lecy and Michael), none of them are really hurting for money. Roseanne doesn't have to work a day in her life again, Sara has The Talk, and John and Laurie both have successful film and theater careers. They all just seem very game to make this happen. 

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

Wow. Great news on both.

Found some of this social media stuff in the articles on Galecki - the cast, Whitney Cummings, and some of the kids. In the taping curtain call video Darlene's little boy (next to Lecy), who I think they said is maybe pre-gay or genderfluid, is wearing a skirt.

Michael Fishman always seems like such a sweet guy but I'm far from convinced he can still sort of act, which is generally the most he could manage. We'll see!

Edited by Vee

• Members

Thanks for posting those social media pics. I share your sentiment on Michael Fishman. LOL.

Really surprised but happy about Chuck. Hopefully we see Anne-Marie and Natalie West/Crystal. I got a bit tired of her but I'd also hope to see Sandra Bernhard, also Fred Willard and Martin Mull. But they have a little more than a handful of episodes so I imagine they can't bring EVERYONE back, but it'd be nice to get some cameos.

• Members

Wow, Estelle Parsons and James Pickens Jr. And the return of "David Healey!" This is all shaping up very nicely. 

Meanwhile, a Roseanne mystery I always wondered about: How/why did the entry to the basement switch half-way through the series, and then return back to where it should've always remained (off the right side of the kitchen, beyond the "floating" stove/counter area) at the series finale? Around seasons 6-7, they made it seem like the entrance to the basement was from the laundry room/service porch, which, as noted early on, itself was an addition made to the house because "Dan got tired of watching Roseanne doing laundry in the rain." 

• Members

Leon and Nancy were the major supporting/recurring characters in the last 5 seasons or so, so it would be strange if they didn't come back for an episode or so. I know Roseanne is still close to Sandra Bernhard.

I'd be more surprised if we ever saw Natalie West as Crystal again, considering she was phased out of the original show when Roseanne found another group of friends. That character always felt very weird to me - I don't know if it was conscious or not, but I always felt like she wanted Roseanne's life:

• She seemed to have a crush on Dan that she couldn't act on, so she married Dan's father instead to insert herself into actual Roseanne's family
  • She always seemed insanely jealous of Roseanne and Jackie's relationship - as if she also wanted Jackie's place in Roseanne's life (Roseanne's own damn sister)

• Members

Count me in as one who'd like to see Crystal again. As weird as she was, I think everyone who's ever lived in a town like Lanford knows a Crystal or two. I hate to say it, but of all the characters, I feel as though Crystal is one who might've actually died at some point over the last 20 years. It'd be interesting to have at least one of her kids via Ed pop up.

Very excited to see Estelle Parsons back as Bev! And James Pickens, Jr, too! Characters like Crystal, the Mitchells, and Bonnie represent so much of what I love about the first 5 seasons of the show.

Edited by All My Shadows