Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
dragonflies

"Roseanne" revival in the works

Recommended Posts

KMan101   

I never put the same stock into the finale as everyone else seemed to ... like Dan would ever stay dead in any kind of revival. LOL. Come on. And there's no way they'd undo Becky/Mark (though making Mark dumber than a box of rocks made me have a hard time seeing Lecy's Becky with him anymore) or Darlene/David. Darlene would have never been with Mark. Sarah's Becky and David maybe but not Lecy's Becky.

 

The writing for Sarah's Becky vs. Lecy's Becky was so obvious too. They made Sarah's Becky a flighty almost dumb blond who was often bested by Darlene compared to Lecy's Becky who suddenly wanted to do more than work at a Hooters knock off and go back to college and could hold her own with Darlene ...

Edited by KMan101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, KMan101 said:

I never put the same stock into the finale as everyone else seemed to ... like Dan would ever stay dead in any kind of revival. LOL. Come on. And there's no way they'd undo Becky/Mark (though making Mark dumber than a box of rocks made me have a hard time seeing Lecy's Becky with him anymore) or Darlene/David. Darlene would have never been with Mark. Sarah's Becky and David maybe but not Lecy's Becky.

 

The writing for Sarah's Becky vs. Lecy's Becky was so obvious too. They made Sarah's Becky a flighty almost dumb blond who was often bested by Darlene compared to Lecy's Becky who suddenly wanted to do more than work at a Hooters knock off and go back to college and could hold her own with Darlene ...

 

Lecy's Becky was kind of a brat...so Darlene bursting her bubble was always entertaining season 1 through 3 before Darlene went gothic.

 

With Sarah's Becky...yoi felt kind of sorry for her because she seemed cheerful and Darlene looked bitter and mean spirited bursting her bubble.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KMan101   

Exactly. But by Season 6 I think so many of them were honestly unlikable. As much as I love the show. Roseanne's bitterness came through loud. Seasons 1-5 were the best. Season 8 wasn't too bad.

 

I wasn't a big fan of Darlene going gothic. It lasted a little too long. And then she just became nasty. I enjoyed the episode when the family turned on her for her smart mouth remarks (when she turned down the well paying job). Darlene's probably my favorite but it got a little tired.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Khan   
14 hours ago, KMan101 said:

I wasn't a big fan of Darlene going gothic. It lasted a little too long. And then she just became nasty.

 

IA.  Also -- and I admit this is just me -- I had a hard time believing her as half of a relationship with ANY man, let alone with David.  IMO, they should have had Darlene come out of the closet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KMan101   
4 minutes ago, Khan said:

 

IA.  Also -- and I admit this is just me -- I had a hard time believing her as half of a relationship with ANY man, let alone with David.  IMO, they should have had Darlene come out of the closet.

 

Yeah I agree. I liked her with David at times but overall I agree with that. Or have her be bi. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Khan   
1 hour ago, KMan101 said:

And I do think Seasons 6 and 7 had some great episodes but the tone is so different ...

 

For one thing, the show had become so anti-male that it was sickening.  Roseanne, IMO, has a very warped opinion of how men think and behave.

 

And then there's what happened the day someone decided Laurie Metcalf needed to camp it up more as Jackie.

8 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

 

Yeah I agree. I liked her with David at times but overall I agree with that. Or have her be bi. 

 

That might've been interesting.  Although, IMO, Sara Gilbert had way more chemistry with women, especially with Danielle Harris (Molly) and even with Sarah Chalke, than she had with Galecki.

Edited by Khan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DRW50   
Just now, dragonflies said:

I thought Jackie got unlikeable as well. I rooted for her (ex)husband over her

 

The whole story where they were so adamant about Jackie and Fisher breaking up and Fisher not being involved in his child's life was one of the main reasons I quit watching. The character became completely vile. Most of them did. 

 

The sad truth is that I think I really enjoyed the version of the show that Roseanne likely looks back on with contempt - the years with Crystal, when she was working at the factory, the food court, etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Khan   
10 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

The sad truth is that I think I really enjoyed the version of the show that Roseanne likely looks back on with contempt - the years with Crystal, when she was working at the factory, the food court, etc. 

 

IA.  God knows Roseanne is no fan of Matt Williams or Jeff Harris', but I think they kept "Roseanne" from going off the deep end.  That's why I'm not AS enamored with the show after S2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KMan101   

It wasn't Fisher but Fred @DRW50 Fisher was the young abusive one. I didn't like Jackie with Fred because of her attitude. And Laurie decided Jackie needed to become Barney Fife.

 

Agreed @Khan Roseanne clearly hated men after her breakup with Arnold (not to mention she looked like she was on something during a few seasons). All Dan did was yell and be miserable, Mark became dumber than a box of rocks, David became even more pathetic ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep and the later seasons I always felt like Roseanne didn't give a crap for her kids or Dan, unlike the Roseanne of the early seasons who you could tell loved her kids more than life

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KMan101   

Gary was my favorite for Jackie as well.

 

I prefer the Crystal years, the factory, Rodbells, the bike shop ... Seasons 1-5 were the best. Season 6 and 7 were the man hating, miserable bitch I'm probably snorting coke or doing pills Roseanne years (seriously, she looks stoned a lot of episodes). Season 8 wasn't too bad, but it was supposed to be the last season initially so I think it mellowed out and felt a bit more like the earlier years. Season 9 was trash even if some of the episodes have grown on me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×